Public Relations: Strategies and Tactics (8th Edition) Hardcover – May 19 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Now in its eighth edition, Public Relations combines numerous real-life case studies with fundamental concepts of the field, helping students relate theory to the actual practice of public relations. Grounded in scholarship, the main text and features are all built on references to landmark studies and time-honored public relations techniques. Written in a disarming and accessible style, this edition also focuses on technology in every application, and it leads readers to think about other creative ways to use new media.
New to the Eighth Edition
- In an age of corporate scandals, terrorism and national health issues, a new chapter on Conflict Management: Dealing with Issues, Risks and Crises lays the groundwork for understanding and coping with various crises
- Merges chapters on What is Public Relations and The Individual in Public Relations into a more comprehensive introductory chapter that focuses on both the field and the professionals within it.
- The Tactics section, with chapters on written, spoken and visual techniques, has been wholly revised and placed earlier in the text to give students some hands-on work samples earlier in the course.
- Unifies three time-honored boxed features—Ethics, Global, and Insights—under an On the Job banner to enhance the applied focus of the book.
- Technology coverage has been updated throughout the book, particularly in the three Tactics chapters and in Chapter 13: New Technologies in Public Relations, helping students to understand the impact of technological innovations on the future of public relations.
- Includes new data on the top public relations firms and codes of ethics from national and international trade associations, providing the most current information on the Public Relations industry today.
I had forgotten how good and thorough this text is. It has always been the standard of the introductory public relations textbook and it remains so today. Its content is up-to-date, well researched, and clearly organized in a way that instructors and their students will appreciate.
Maureen Taylor, Rutgers University
This text definitely achieves one of my primary objectives in an intro course an understanding of compromises. It makes the readers aware of how much of the symbolic world around them is the result of Public Relations.
Josh Boyd, Purdue University
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Professors, do the right thing and adopt the non-consumable version of this textbook. Ask your Pearson rep to supply the quizzes so that you can print them and hand them out in class and tell them that you won't partake in the screwing of college students.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Public Relations
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Public Relations
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics