- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry Hardcover – Aug 23 2005
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"…[the authors] brighten up even the least interesting, and most challenging sections...[the book]...will be required reading for my graduate students." (Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, May 2006)
"The authors have done a great job…providing invaluable information on a complex topic in a single volume…this is an important, comprehensive, and well-written description." (CHOICE, January 2006)
From the Back Cover
A definitive reference, completely updated
Published in 1989, the First Edition of this book, originally entitled Quadrupole Storage Mass Spectrometry, quickly became the definitive reference in analytical laboratories worldwide. Revised to reflect scientific and technological advances and new applications in the field, the Second Edition includes new chapters covering:
- New ion trap instruments of high sensitivity
- Peptide analysis by liquid chromatography/ion trap tandem mass spectrometry
- Analytical aspects of ion trap mass spectrometry combined with gas chromatography
- Simulation of ion trajectories in the ion trap
One additional chapter discusses the Rosetta mission, a "comet chaser" that was sent on a ten-year journey in 2004 to study the comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko using, among other instruments, a GC/MS system incorporating a specially designed ion trap mass spectrometer.
This comprehensive reference also includes discussions of the history of the quadrupole ion trap, the theory of quadrupole mass spectrometry, the dynamics of ion-trapping chemistry in the quadrupole ion trap, the cylindrical ion trap, miniature traps, and linear ion traps. Complete with conclusions and references, this primer effectively encapsulates the body of knowledge on quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometry.
With its concise descriptions of the theory of ion motion and the principles of operation,
Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry, Second Edition is ideal for new users of quadrupole devices, as well as for scientists, researchers, and graduate and post-doctoral students working in analytical laboratories.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
The three-dimensional radio-frequency (RF) quadrupole ion trap (QUISTOR), which forms the subject of this book, is only one of a family of devices that utilize path stability as a means of separating ions according to the ratio mass/charge-number (m/z). Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Clinical Chemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Analytic
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Statics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Analytic
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pathology > Clinical Chemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Statics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry