This easy-to-use, best-selling collection of reading materials effectively assesses reading ability at emergent though high school levels. Qualitative Reading Inventory-5 includes both narrative and expository passages at each grade level, questions to assess prior knowledge, and word lists. Instructors can measure comprehension by retelling passages, implicit and explicit questions, and other devices. Based on the latest reading research, this comprehensive inventory focuses assessment on specific questions regarding word identification, fluency, and comprehension. It also provides suggestions for intervention instruction, procedures for assessment of strategic reading, and inclusion of results in classroom portfolios.
What's new to this edition...
- Presents new narrative texts even easier than the pre-kindergarten passages previously included, as well as a updated narrative for all primary grade level
- Includes passages at pre-kindergarten through second grade levels with and without pictures
- Offers maps and illustrations as part of expository selections for Grades 4-12Features new content on DVD , including:
- Examples of students reading orally
- Scored protocols to accompany readings
- Directions for administering each segment of the QRI
- Tables/Charts that increase consistency of administration’s coring and interpretation
- All student and instructor copies
- Outlines the full research-base and includes the various pilot studies conducted with various classrooms in the appendix