From the Manufacturer
QuarkXPress is powerful layout software with an intuitive, versatile interface that lets you combine writing, editing, and typography with color and pictures to produce dynamic final output. QuarkXPress is widely used by magazines, newspapers, advertising agencies, typesetters, printers, corporate publishers, design firms, catalog houses, book publishers, and form designers. It is also used by businesses with publishing requirements.
- Intuitive and adaptable interface
- Picture manipulation and color management
- Flexible options for importing and editing text
- Precise and professional typography
- Multiple document layout and text flow options
- Share attributes among complex projects
- Tools for creative document design
- Professional printing capabilities
- Tools for media-independent publishing
- XTensions software for customizing workflow
- QuarkXPress Passport
QuarkXPress 6 software includes a wealth of new design and productivity-enhancing features that let you produce professional layouts--for print and the Web--more efficiently than ever.
- Direct PDF export: because PDF creation technology has been incorporated into QuarkXPress 6, you can output PDF files directly from QuarkXPress without buying third-party software.
- Layout spaces with synchronized text: Layout spaces simplify the management of complex projects by providing the ability to share specifications such as style sheets, colors, hyphenation settings, and lists among layouts. You can also include multiple content types and layouts with varying page sizes in a single file. Synchronizing content allows you to share text between layouts.
- Full-resolution preview: Full-resolution preview displays images at the files full resolution so that you can scale or magnify images with minimal pixelation and position page elements more precisely. You must register your copy of QuarkXPress before you can access this feature.
- Mac OS X v10.2, Windows 2000, and Windows XP support: QuarkXPress 6 has been specifically designed to run in the native Mac OS X v10.2, Windows 2000, and Windows XP environments with the innovative user interfaces of these operating systems.
- Improved, interactive tools for Web page design: create a more compelling Web experience through better design with new and enhanced tools, including two-position rollovers, cascading menus, font family specification for cascading style sheets, form controls improvements, and more.
- Print capabilities broadened and enhanced: improvements to output features, including As Is Color Space and DeviceN, underscores Quarks continued commitment to supporting open standards in the workflow and delivering the highest quality output.