- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The best Bose headphones reduce noise across a wide range of frequencies
- Enjoy music and movies with clear and lifelike sound
- Comfortable, around-the-ear fit; ideal for frequent flyers
- Includes cable with remote for iPhone/iPod control, mic for hands-free iPhone calling
- AAA battery : 35 hours average life
There is a newer model of this item:
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The best around-ear Bose headphones reduce noise across a wide range of frequenciesEnjoy music and movies with clear and lifelike soundComfortable, around-the-ear fit; ideal for frequent flyers
From the Manufacturer
Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones
Full Spectrum Noise Reduction
They're the best Bose headphones, period. QuietComfort 15 headphones feature exclusive Bose advancements in noise reduction technology. You hear less noise and more of your music and movies-with quality sound and a long-lasting comfortable fit. You won't find this combination of benefits in any other headphone.
Bose technology at work
Within every pair of QC®15 headphones, advanced electronics use microphones inside and outside each earcup to sense the sounds around you-and reduce the noise. Proprietary ear cushion technology blocks some of the noise before it even reaches your ears. Together, these Bose innovations add up to a more enjoyable listening experience.
Relax with music - or without it
QC15 headphones also feature proprietary signal processing and TriPort® acoustic headphone structure for more lifelike sound-including deep low notes-from small, lightweight earcups. And when you'd rather relax without music, switch on QC headphones to simply reduce the noise around you, wherever you are.
Take calls. Take control
QC15 headphones come with a cable customized for select Apple® products. A three-button remote and microphone let you take calls on your iPhone and control music functions on other Apple devices. You can also purchase a mobile kit that lets your QC headphones work with other cell phones, too.
Welcome to a better-sounding world
When you fly with QC15 headphones, engine roar fades to a whisper. When you listen at home or at work, fewer distractions get in the way of your music. And when you want to stay connected, calls are just a button-press away. QC15 headphones continue to give you more of what you want to hear, and less of what you don't.
QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones Highlights
- Significant noise reduction across a wider range of frequencies. Proprietary Bose innovations use microphones both inside and outside each earcup to sense and reduce the sounds around you.
- TriPort acoustic headphone structure, another Bose exclusive, features tiny vents in the earcups to enable a tonally-balanced audio performance-including reproduction of deep, low notes-from relatively small and lightweight headphones.
- Active equalization electronically tunes the headphones' frequency response, enabling outstanding audio performance.
- Interchangeable audio cables, one for general use, and one just for select Apple products, offer greater convenience than permanently connected Y-cables.
- Inline microphone allows for hands-free iPhone conversation and access to certain voice applications, such as VoiceOver and Voice Control, in other Apple products.
- Inline three-button remote switches between calls and music, and controls volume, track selection and voice applications on select Apple products.
- Advanced ear cushions use new materials in a proprietary design to establish a critical acoustical seal-helping to further reduce noise while providing a comfortable fit.
- Fold-flat earcups rotate 90 degrees for easy storage and portability in the included case.
- Slim carrying case helps protect headphones and accessories during travel.
Apple cable compatibility
The QuietComfort 15 inline remote and microphone cable is compatible with iPod nano (4th, 5th and 6th generation), iPod classic (120GB, 160GB only), iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2, and Macbook (unibody) and Macbook Pro. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models. Requires latest iPod software.
|Overall headphone dimensions||7.5"H x 6"W x 1.5"D ( 19.1 cm x 15.2 cm x 3.8 cm )|
|Ear cushion outside dimensions||3.8"H x 2.9"W ( 9.6 cm x 7.4 cm )|
|Weight with cables||4.9 oz (140 g)|
What's in the box
- QuietComfort 15 headphones
- QuietComfort 15 inline remote and microphone cable (detachable)
- Standard audio cable (detachable)
- AAA battery
- Carrying case
- Airline adapter
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) The headband can't be replaced. When it wears out (in 3 years' time), your headphones really show their age.
2) The battery door is in the way of the hinge mechanism of the earcup: since both are made of plastic, this is a competition which one will break first, rendering your headphones useless.Read more ›
1. Once the battery is about 1/2 used up, a jar will result in a very loud BOOM through the headphones. For example riding the bus over a pothole will do this. This means you will either go through a lot more batteries or turn your headphone off over those portions of the rode. Similarly, if you run you will get little, or loud, boom sounds with each footfall, depending on how much battery is remaining.
2. If you're out for a walk or run, a breeze will result in a loud wind noise. If you've ever recorded a video with your camera on a windy day you'll know what I mean.
If neither of these are a big deal to you, these are excellent headphones!
The sound is pleasing with the typical Bose emphasis on low end but, they are FAR from accurate. Noise cancelling headphones are all somewhat inaccurate in their reproduction. That's the nature of their design. Also note: No NC headphones are suited for outdoor use as the exterior mics are wind sensitive. The Bose QC15's are not too bad in this respect.
If you do not require Noise Cancelling headphones don't buy them. Standard headsets are superior.
One Beef: While the overall build quality is fine for home use, the cable is the cheapest one I've ever seen...you mean they couldn't have spent an extra $5. on these expensive headphones? Surprisingly it has held up during my punishing use, being yanked out of it's release socket a hundred times... at least you can buy a replacement part when they eventually go.
Having recently auditioned the newly improved Bose QC3, IMO they have superior playback fidelity. I would choose these over the QC15's if I were buying today.
Great sound, amazing headphones but the battery life is a big flaw.
The sound is fine but i was hoping the noise cancelling effect would be more impressive.
I'll test them tomorrow on the plane. Will see.
UPDATE: Tried them on a 5 hours flight. The noise cancelling works great for the low frequency sounds ( jet engines, air circulation) but I could understand every conversation of the neighbouring seats.
Most recent customer reviews
Great product, cancels out or dulls most background noise, even on a packed aircraft.Published 1 month ago by Chad Ruttan
This product is amazing. The noise cancelling is the best I've ever heard and the sound reproduction is fantastic. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Scott Crowson
Not as comfortable as the QC25s for long periods of time, but always excellent sound. Great at blocking out unwanted noise too.Published 6 months ago by Hdpa372
These noise cancelling headphones are great. I never fly without them. I use them at home too.Published 8 months ago by G B WILKIN
Best noise-cancelling headphones ever.
- Public transportation
- Plane trips
- Long trips (as passenger)
-... Read more
The sound quality is certainly there and so is the noise cancelling... only negative (and it's significant)... you can't listen without the noise cancelling on. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Michele
Bose's one of the best NC headphones. Bought it, tried it. Now I believe it. but don't expect complete silence, it only blocks most ambient noises. Read morePublished 11 months ago by PtrZ