- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
Image not available for
• Operates via hands-free voice control or traditional button press
• Listens to and executes voice commands you pick
• Provides built-in, voice-guided setup and help
• Simplifies channel surfing with favorite channel shortcuts
• Learns commands from your original remote with auto code search, brand code search, or direct code entry
• Menu support - access the menu functions of the device you are controlling
• Guide support - on-screen program guide for satellite and cable
• Backlit key pad
• Previous channel and expanded transport keys
• Requires four AAA batteries (sold separately)
• One year limited warranty
Expanded transport keys:
Expanded DVD/DVR/VCR control buttons allow you to properly operate your devices. These buttons include Reverse, Play, Forward, Record, Stop, Pause, Skip Back, Slow and Skip Forward.
Up to 25 programmable activities:
|Activities (or macros) let you condense multi-step actions, like setting up your home theater to watch a DVD, into a single voice action (traditionally requiring multiple key presses). But this remote goes one step further and gives you the power to execute these activities using voice commands you pick. |
Volume and transport key punch-through
The RCA Voice Control Remote offers two ways of minimizing the number of button presses required for everyday actions:
Controls up to 6 devices:TV
By default, the remote "punches through" volume commands to the device programmed for the TV button, regardless of which mode you're in. This means you can control TV volume while you're watching a DVD or cable/satellite programming without having to press the TV button first.
|Smart Source is a patented technology that lets you decide which entertainment device you want to use for common functions such as volume, channel or disc playback control. Once you've set up Smart Source, these buttons are "locked" to the device you use them with, regardless of which device mode you're in. |
Smart Source locking is most useful if you use single devices in your home theater to change channels, control volume and play/stop/pause DVDs. If, for example, your TV controls volume for your entire home theater, set Smart Source control for the volume keys to your TV.
Smart Source can also simplify voice programming, by reducing the number of button presses required to perform a function.