If there were a way to put zero stars and still post a review, this book wouldn't have even gotten one.
Over time I have aquired 6 languages. This book is the worst language book I have ever seen.
1. It does not provide accent marks, so....so why bother even having it? You will have to get another book to learn how to pronounce the words...so...again, why bother with this?
2. It as a cool idea to learn Russian in 10 minutes a day (with this book, 10 minutes a day for the next 15 years still wouldn't teach you to do anything but to go around hoping to find magic vocabulary stickers.)
It does not provide, cogent explanations, or examples for syntax and grammar points. There is some vocabulary, but without real explanations of how to use the language, the book is pointless.
3. I recommend a travel phrasebook if that is all you want. Get a real text, Penguin's course isn't bad, or the "Ultimate Russian: Basic-Intermediate (Living Language Ultimate. Basic-Intermediate Series (Manual & Cassettes)) Nancy Novak / Crown Audio Cassettes / April 1998" if you really want learn, aquire, and use Russian.
4. "10-minutes.." is too big to carry around, too vapid for any real learning, and too disorganised to make any progress on any single topic.
5. The book is snake oil. I doubt the author had any intention of really trying to be usefull. It was easy to write, cheap to print, a quick money maker for a lazy author.
Get something else.
San Antonio physician.