- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Radio Cultures: The Sound Medium in American Life Paperback – Feb 6 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
«A giant among radio scholars, Michael C. Keith has done it again with a new collection of essays from leading researchers. The depth and breadth of the book’s topics is impressive and meaningful and constitutes an invaluable document for scholars of broadcasting and all who teach and study radio.» (Donald G. Godfrey, Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Arizona State University)
«Michael C. Keith, the foremost champion of radio studies, has assembled the pantheon of scholars in the field for this fascinating anthology. Their collective work leaves readers with a heightened sense of the medium’s profound impact in the United States and its reflection of American diversity.» (Mary Ann Watson, Eastern Michigan University)
«As usual, Michael C. Keith has found yet another way to make a significant and unique contribution to radio studies. ‘Radio Cultures’ is brilliantly organized to simultaneously fill several gaps in the literature of the sound medium. He has recruited an excellent team of contributors to create a work that covers key issues both little-known and misunderstood.» (Pete Orlik, Central Michigan University)
«Michael C. Keith has brought together an outstanding set of original essays covering a broad array of topics that show how deeply embedded radio is in American culture.» (Michael Brown, Professor, University of Wyoming; Editor, ‘Journal of Radio and Audio Media’)
About the Author
The Editor: Michael C. Keith is a member of the Communication Department at Boston College. He is the author or coauthor of over twenty books including Talking Radio, Voices in the Purple Haze, Sounds in the Dark, and the classic textbook The Radio Station. He is also the author of a critically acclaimed memoir, The Next Better Place: Memories of My Misspent Youth.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Radio > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology