- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Rawls, Citizenship, and Education Hardcover – Jul 29 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"While contemporary philosophical work on the importance of education has often resorted to Rawls’s theory to argue for one type or another of educational policy, most of it has done so by reading Rawls in a rather selective and piecemeal manner. Costa’s aim, in contrast, is to develop an integrated and systematic exploration of the implications that the theory of ‘justice as fairness’ has for education for citizenship. ... Costa’s book is a valuable addition to both Rawlsian and civic education scholarship."
– Mihaela Georgieva, Maastricht University, Journal of Applied Philosophy
About the Author
Victoria Costa is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Illinois State University.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Civil Rights
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History