Click here to read a review of Get Ready to Read
, Ready to Read Now,
and Ready to Read More
. The review is written by Deirdre Garr, an adjunct faculty member at Camden County College, Blackwood, NJ. The review is in PDF format.
From the Back Cover
Ready to Read Now: A Skills-Based Reader , by Karen Blanchard and Christine Root, is a part of a three-level series designed to develop reading and vocabulary building skills. In Ready to Read Now , intermediate students progress step by step through task-based activities that promote reading competency and fluency.
- Sharpen Your Reading Skills provides explicit instruction as well as extensive practice and recycling.
- Be an Active Reader features high-interest readings that allow students to apply their skills.
- As You Read activities, including completion of charts, graphs, and outlines, encourage reading with a purpose.
- Sharpen Your Vocabulary Skills includes word-attack skills ranging from Using a Dictionary to Using Context Clues.
- Express Your Ideas and Explore the Web extend and enrich the reading experience.
- Read Faster helps build reading fluency and accuracy.
The Ready to Read series also includes Get Ready to Read and Ready to Read More.