Real World SharePoint 2010: Indispensable Experiences from 22 MVPs Paperback – Nov 23 2010
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Proven best practices in the most critical areas of SharePoint 2010
Written by 22 highly respected authorities on SharePoint, this must-have resource delivers invaluable advice, best practices, and real-world experiences on every essential SharePoint 2010 topic.
Shane Young Building a Perfect Test Environment for SharePoint Server 2010
Jason Medero Upgrading to SharePoint Server 2010: The Hybrid Approach
Todd Klindt Monitoring SharePoint 2010
Adam Buenz Claims-Based Authentication in SharePoint 2010
Gary Lapointe Using Powershell with SharePoint 2010
Randy Williams Backing Up and Restoring SharePoint 2010
John Ross Working with the SharePoint Designer 2010
Robert Bogue Building Sandboxed Solutions
Todd Bleeker SharePoint 2010 Web Parts
Asif Rehmani Automating Business Processes
Andrew Connell Building Custom Service Applications for the Right Situations
Chris O'Brien Managing the SharePoint Application Lifecycle
Karine Bosch Using Silverlight 4 with SharePoint 2010
Nick Swan Business Connectivity Services
Darrin Bishop Using PerformancePoint Services 2010
Joris Poelmans Managing Metadata with SharePoint Server 2010
Ágnes Molnár Understanding SharePoint 2010 Search
Randy Drisgill Understanding Branding in SharePoint 2010
Claudio Brotto and Igor Macori Designing a Multimedia Assets Management Solution
Reza Alirezaei Accessing SharePoint Data
Mike Walsh Finding Answers to Your SharePoint 2010 Questions
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
About the Author
Editor Scot Hillier is an independent consultant and Microsoft MVP focused on creating solutions for SharePoint, Office, and related .NET technologies.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. Chapter 11: ***** Writing Service Applications - Andrew Connell. This is what I was looking for. He has explained how to build a service application and how it all works. Good stuff.*****
2. Chapter 4: Claims under the hood - Adam Beunz. Gives a good level of detail for claims based authentication and how SharePoint uses it. Learnt something new here.
3. Chapter 16: Metadata management - Joris Poelmans. A good reference to the concepts of metadata management including how to use the OM to modify your taxonomy.
All the other chapters are good as well, but I found the above chapters usefull and were a good read.
I have lots of books in .NET & SharePoint technologies but most of them are huge literatures and takes lot of time for you to grasp the concepts. They have lots and lots of text.
Real World SharePoint 2010 has less text, more pictures and lot of step-by-step sections for us to get ourselves ramp up very easily and fast. I have been honored to get a copy of this book just after the book was released and following are some of the great chapters I found in the book:
* Chapter 1 - Building a Perfect Test Environment for SharePoint Server 2010 by Shane Young
* Chapter 6 - Backing Up and Restoring SharePoint 2010 by Randy Williams
* Chapter 13 - Using Silverlight 4 with SharePoint 2010 by Karine Bosch
* Chapter 19 - Planning, Designing and Administering a Multimedia Assets Management Solution by Claudio Brotto and Igor Macori
You can't have enough books when learning a new product.