countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on April 27, 2011
This book has a variety of recipes to ensure everyone will feel happy and full while cooking on this diet. Without this book, I would be living on the meat and vegetables every day being miserable. This book opens so many options- making you feel as if you are not on a diet at all!

All of my friends look forward to trying out my cooking and baking- even enjoy it moreso than regular cooking!
If you are considering going on the SCD diet - good for you! try this book!
on July 8, 2011
I bought this book because I have been on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet for over fifteen years and I was desperate for something different to eat. In case, you don't know,the Specific Carbohydrate Diet is a very restricted diet that can change your life if you have celiac disease that hasn't been resolved by going on the standard gluten-free diet recommended by doctors. Since being on this diet, my health has improved radically. I don't have anymore celiac symptoms or irritable bowel issues. I highly recommend the diet. It can change your life. It is, however, a very restricted diet and it is difficult to find great recipes and that is where this book comes in. This book has some great recipes with great flavours. I recommend you try the Kung Pao Chicken. It is so good it is a favourite in my house, even with those who are not on the diet. Beef Vindaloo and Bulgogi Wraps are also great recipes. If your looking for something new to eat, this book is a great place to start.
on June 12, 2009
So far I have tried many recipies from this book and have enjoyed them all. To name a few the cobb salad and dressing, mango salsa and fish, the lemon cookies and pancakes..yum!! ok I cannot choose. I have many allergies and eating this way has changed my life for the better.I omit or change some ingredients in some of the recipies and it still works out great. Very versatile. Even my friends like them. Great book so far.
on February 6, 2012
I am just starting the SCD after dealing with bacterial overgrowth-- this book has many, many fantastic and inventive recipes! Every one of the recipes has been delicious IF you (a) use your own cooking sense to modify some of the instructions/cooking times and (b) at least double, sometimes triple the spices. Many of the recipes are of Indian origin and inspiration, but it seems the author has toned down the spices because he's Indo-American writing for a Western audience. If you're used to flavourful Indian food, then by all means increase the spices exponentially.
on March 23, 2012
Since starting the Specific Carbohydrate Diet I have picked up a few cook books that cater to the diet. This one is fantastic and I would easily recommend it to anyone on the diet. There is a wide variety of dishes and so far I'm impressed!
on April 1, 2011
I have a brother with Crohns and we have been cooking for the past 4 years following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet....there have been many recipes we have used but this book offers some really different ones. Also, the pictures are fantastic. Any of the recipes we have tried to date have been great...really like the pignole cookies.
on October 2, 2015
Fast delivery. So far, I have tried 3 simple recipes & they are delicious! Will keep trying others. Worth the money.
on October 20, 2014
Quick shipping. Can't wait to try out recipes!
on December 12, 2015
Great as a starter book for SCD principles.
on May 2, 2015