Reef Fishes Corals and Invertebrates of the Caribbean: A Diver's Guide Paperback – Dec 11 2000
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Reef Fishes, Corals, and Invertebrates of the Caribbean is a concise, easy-to-use identification guide to the extraordinary array of sea life found throughout the reefs of Florida, the northern Gulf of Mexico, Central America, Caribbean Islands, Windward Islands, Leeward Islands, Netherlands Antilles and Bermuda. It is an invaluable resource for divers, snorkelers and underwater photographers of this fascinating and popular tropical dive destination.
- 289 magnificent full-color photographs for easy identification of reef fishes, corals and invertebrates of the Caribbean
- At-a-glance symbols for habitats, diet and behavior
- Illustrations to assist with the identification of fish families
- Practical information on the importance of reef conservation
About the Author
Elizabeth Wood is diver and photographer whose work primarily deals with marine conservation and reef ecology. Lawson Wood is considered to be one of the world's leading underwater photographers. He is the author of several books in the Dive Sites series.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you are looking for a basic field guide that isn't overwhelming, this is your bet. If you have some intense identifying to do, or will be identifying less common species, turn your wallet elsewhere.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Oceans & Seas > Coral Reefs
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Oceans & Seas > Marine Life
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Scuba > Excursion Guides
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Scuba > Excursion Guides
- Books > Travel > Caribbean
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure > Scuba