Refocus: Cutting-Edge Strategies to Evolve Your Video Business Paperback – Jul 15 2009
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
”Ron and Tasra will help you move mountains in your business.”
—Lance Gray, CEO, PixelPops Design, LLC
”I know how busy we all can get, but if you read this book and apply the information, it will turn your world around.”
—David Robin, David Robin Films
About the Author
Ron Dawson is President of Dare Dreamer Media, a new media marketing agency and production company whose clientele has included Apple, Adobe, Kodak, and Intuit. He is an international award-winning producer, two-time Videographer of the Year for his regional association, and twice named to the EventDV Top 25 most influential event video producers in the world. He writes a weekly blog about business and branding at bladeronner.com.
Tasra Dawson is an award-winning author who has reached billions of viewers internationally via appearances on NBC, ABC, Deeper Living, and Harvest TV . She is a driven entrepreneur who hosted a weekly online show, authored an award-winning book, trained corporate executives, and launched Dare Dreamer Press, all within the last five years. Prior to her position as Creative Director at Dare Dreamer Media, Tasra was a trainer, designer, writer, and project manager at Apple, Inc.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
For videographers and media producers this book offers a huge amount of great information on all kinds of topics related to a videographer business (or any business, but specifically for videographers). The section on sales and marketing is particularly helpful, and is as current as something like a printed book can be at the time of its publication. All of the info is very practical - it's obvious that the authors have lived their advice, and learned from their successes as well as their challenges. The book works to include lots of detail on both wedding videography and corporate video within it's scope, and has much advice that is applicable to both realms - although another book completely dedicated to corporate and higher-end videography and film would be a great follow-up to this book.
Most of all, it's obvious that the Dawsons love what they do, and love to share their experiences, advice and more with their readers. Their sincerity and subject knowledge make this book worth every bit of the purchase price. I know my video business will benefit (in fact it already has) from this book - and yours will too.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Cinematography
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Systems & Planning
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Manager's Guides to Computing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Communication
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Systems & Planning
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography