march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on June 15, 2015
If you are looking for a beautiful CD to enjoy the cello, this is definitely it. It offers a very enjoyable selecion of relaxing pieces by the greatest composers, which icludes Chopin, Dvorak, Schumann, Vivaldi, Haydn, Saint Saens, etc. The cello is masterfully played by Steven Isserlis and other cellists. Issued by RCAVictor, the edition is very good. The sound is neat and sharp. This musical anthology allows you to enjoy the pure soft sound of the cello in many solos, and other beautiful performances in which the cello is accompanied by the piano, or by a chamber orchestra or a symphony.
on May 28, 2015
This CD is perfect for relaxing to. I will definitely be playing this CD during massage therapy treatments - high quality and good selection of composers. I will certainly be buying all the rest of the 'Relaxation' collection in due time!
on December 13, 2001
The cello is almost always the instrument I turn to for relaxation. It meditates upon a deeper, slower spectrum of emotion than say, a harp or violin.
I put this CD to the ultimate test and took it to the hospital with me, to see if its music could counteract the threat and ultimate deployment of needles---and it was indeed much less painful to be poked while in a state of relaxation, as induced by these (mainly 19th century) compositions.
My two favorite selections from "Cello for Relaxation" are Camille Saint-Saëns' "The Swan" from "Carnival of the Animals," and John Tavener's "Chant," which is an unaccompanied melody, "without barlines or meter, shaped as a palindrome." Steven Isserles performs as the cello soloist for both of these compositions.
In my continuing search for relaxation music, this CD now rates as number one. Its music was selected with a sensitivity to dynamics, and beautiful, adagio playing. Its musicality is superb and unobtrusively displayed, and allows the listener to meditate, or relax into much-needed sleep.
on March 22, 2004
I bought this CD solely based on the fact that I love the cello. I do not pretend to know classical music - I buy what I like to hear, and this CD exceeded my expectations. It is such a pleasure to listen to this disk; it is soothing and every track is worth it!
on January 5, 2010
The reason I have rated this dvd as satisfactory is that I had expected to listen to pure cello rather than cello accompanying other music instruments. I think it is a good idea to change the title of this dvd, because it not all about cello. I do not mind this dvd, but I'm not crazy about it!
on June 2, 2014
Repertoire chosen wisely;
Very good interpretations of famous music pieces;
As the title says - relaxation, but not an "elevator" music...
on September 21, 2014
Most of the excerpts are indeed relaxing, but not all.