Religion, Culture, and the State: Reflections on the Bouchard-Taylor Report Paperback – Apr 9 2011
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Religion, Culture, and the State presents a clear and coherent approach to .reasonable accommodation,. secularism, and multiethnic diversity in Québec. It represents a major contribution to research in this area, and is significant for its comparative perspective, as reflected in the interesting connections that the contributors make to liberal and multicultural frameworks in France. The socio-historical and intellectual context that Howard Adelman and Pierre Anctil provide for these debates also makes Religion, Culture, and the State worthwhile reading. (Donna Patrick, Department of Sociology and Anthropology and School of Canadian Studies, Carleton University)
About the Author
Howard Adelman is a professor emeritus at York University.
Pierre Anctil is a professor in the Department of History at the University of Ottawa.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Religion
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Church & State
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Sociology