- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Restoring the Spirit: The Beginnings of Occupational Therapy in Canada, 1890-1930 Hardcover – Aug 25 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Friedland has produced a powerful resource for occupational therapy. Best of all, it was a pleasure to read. I really had no idea of the complex forces at work in the development of my profession. The many experiences I have had over the years now make more sense." Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy
Restoring the Spirit connects the spirit and philosophy of the professions adopted by the early pioneers with a call to action by the author for their successors today to continue, in the words of Thomas Kidner, to Organise, Agitate and Educate’. This new volume sits alongside the four major books on the history of the profession so far written in English, for the United Kingdom, for Scotland, for the United States and for Australia.” British Journal of Occupational Therapy
"...[Friedland] casts occupational therapy as a potential regenerator, capable of broadening the medical model itself to comprise concern for the complex physical, social, and spiritual requirements for individual well-being. She makes a compelling argume
About the Author
Judith Friedland is professor emerita in the Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Canada
- Books > History > Canada
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Medical Books > History
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Special Topics > History