- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Reversing: Secrets of Reverse Engineering Paperback – Apr 15 2005
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Sometimes, the best way to advance is in reverse
If you want to know how something works, you take it apart very carefully. That's exactly what this book shows youhow to deconstruct software in a way that reveals design and implementation details, sometimes even source code. Why? Because reversing reveals weak spots, so you can target your security efforts. Because you can reverse-engineer malicious code in order to neutralize it. Because understanding what makes a program work lets you build a better one. You'll learn how here.
- Learn to read compiler-generated assembly language code for IA-32 compatible processors
- Decipher an undocumented file format or network protocol
- Understand when reverse engineering is legal, and whenand whyit may not be
- See how hackers use reversing to defeat copy protection technology
- Find out how to pull the plug on malicious code
- Determine how to prevent others from reversing your code, and find out how effective such steps can be
- Explore reverse engineering on the .NET platform and its assembly language, MSIL
- Observe the dissection of a real-world malicious program and see how the attacker used it to control infected systems
About the Author
Eldad Eilam is a consultant in the field of reverse engineering. He assists clients with operating system and in-depth software reverse engineering, and has devoted several years to developing advanced reverse engineering techniques.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Very good for beginners and others.
Most recent customer reviews
A very well written book, that offer's enough insight to get you going in the field of RE.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering