- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Rights, Race, and Recognition Paperback – Apr 27 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"....Rights, Race and Recognition offers an engaging and stimulating exploration of meta-ethical questions regarding moral rights, and, Darby's inclusion of the use of rights discourse in struggles for racial justice gives his text a political focus and immediacy that is most welcome.... Rights, Race and Recognition offers a rich theoretical landscape to be explored, and I have no doubt that others will find it equally compelling and stimulating. The book should be of interest to all those interested in the ways in which our theorization of rights can impact our political practice to ensure and protect those rights."
Michael Monahan, Marquette University, Social Theory and Practice
Draws on the legacy of race and racism in the USA to argue that all rights are products of social recognition. This bold, meticulously argued book will inspire readers to rethink the central role assigned to rights in moral, political, and legal theory as well as in everyday evaluative discourse.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Civil Rights