- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 9.9 x 2.2 cm ; 118 g
- Shipping Weight: 68 g
- Item model number: USR5637
- ASIN: B0013FDLM0
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Sept. 25 2008
- Average Customer Review: 29 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #41,874 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
US Robotics 56K USB Modem Windows Mac Linux
- Compact, flexible form factor
- Integrates powerful communications processing functions into the modem itself
- Features Quick Connect that reduces your connection time to get you online quicker
- Also supports USRobotics Modem on Hold application to screen incoming voice calls while online
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The USRobotics 56K USB Modem delivers the performance and reliability USRobotics is known for, in a compact, flexible form factor. This controller-based modem integrates powerful communications processing functions into the modem itself, for assured performance without sapping your computer's processing power. Quick Connect reduces your connection time to get you online quicker, and V.PCM Upstream provides 50% greater upload speeds - perfect for sending e-mail messages with large attachments. Also supports USRobotics Modem on Hold application to screen incoming voice calls while online, and to answer calls without losing your internet connection - no second phone line is needed.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Instantly turns your mac into a fax machine.
Simply print a file and choose the modem as the printer.
Type in the fax number and it's done.
My minor problems were:
1) Installing under Windows 7 is a pain in the butt. I expected the dialog to give me a chance to specify the CD as the source for install. After running around in circles for a while, I found another place to (successfully) do the install. This is more a problem with Windows 7 rather than the device itself.
2) For whatever reason, the USB modem is not recognized sometimes at startup - maybe not enough power to the port(?). In any case, unplug/replug enables the modem. Again not really a problem with the device itself.
I live in the country where high speed internet is still not available, so to use my computer on-line I have to drive into town where I can access WiFi. Bummer!
Most recent customer reviews
Works exactly as required. Works without providing audio tones through a speaker, which saves the user from having to listen to those noises; which is OK given that it works, but... Read morePublished 4 months ago by funkin
Any product online does not compare to this one.
Yes I finally got it. Thanks.
I have been using it past few months and I had no problem with my imac, snow leopard 10.6.8.Published 15 months ago by Da Doctor
works fine for sending faxes. Its a hardware modem which means it works better than a softmodem and works on different OSs.Published 17 months ago by K. JAHNKE
It is work as expected, easy installation and so far no issue. SW came with it is OK as well. no complainPublished 21 months ago by Edward lau
This work great.. easier than trying to install more hardware in the computer and also works on my laptop.. fast shipping and great valuePublished 22 months ago by George Moffatt