Short Attention Span Summary (SASS):
1. Sing a song of crime lords, pockets never dry
2. A Russian dealer comes to town, buildings to buy
3. While the deal was open, there was an offering
4. A rare and lucky canvas, which quickly went missing
5. The Accountant's in her counting house, counting out her money
6. The thug is in the parlor, nibbling at his honey
7. The knave is still a junkie, alive, but no one knows
8. A dirty bunch of con men, and greedy money hos
This is a dark British crime caper with quite a few funny bits, about a London crime boss doing business with a Russian property dealer, a group of criminals known as the Wild Bunch, an overly clever accountant, a harried lawyer, a crack addicted rock star, a couple of record producers, and a couple of junkie thieves.
If you think it sounds confusing, you're right - and things get more complicated when a "lucky" painting gets stolen and starts getting passed hand to hand, often under very unlucky circumstances.
Gerard Butler stars as One Two, one of the leaders of the Wild Bunch, and Thandie Newton sizzles as the Accountant. Other noteworthy performances are provided by Tom Wilkinson as the crime boss, Mark Strong as the right hand man to the crime boss and Toby Kebbell as the drug addicted rock star. Look also for small parts by Jimi Mistry, Jeremy Piven and Ludacris.
Crime, punishment, betrayal, revenge and greed take center stage in this fast-moving dark comedy/thriller. Go see this if too much Butler is never enough.