on January 30, 2012
I am not used to buying equipment based on a TV ad but the BladeRunner looked too convenient not to try out. After a month of using it to do scroll-like work, making small parts for my wooden kids toys, cutting metal rod and allthread rod I can say I love it. It is very easy to use, cuts straight and square and is a great addition to my shop. The only criticism I read before buying it that I now agree with is the quality of the wood saw blade they include. The blade for cutting metal works just fine but the wood blade, even the one they included as an extra benefit, was junk. But I just switched to one I had on hand for my jig saw and happy happy happy.
Hi there. The rockwell blade runner is basically an upside down jig saw mounted to a table circular saw table. It is a decent alternative to a band saw for common projects that don't require more exacting cuts. Like a jig saw the blade runner should be used with a more metal saw type of blade as the larger tooth wood saw blades make things jump. You should spray the blades with dry silicone lubricant to get the best results.

I give this blade runner original model or x2 model a **3.5** stars rating as the price here on Amazon is basically double what it is at canadiantire for 149.99$ with or without the wall mount.

Other than that the units construction is decent enough but a price of 99$ CAD would be more in line with what you get. Also the wall mount isn't useful for every one so it should be an option.
on May 12, 2012
Blade runner make it much easier to cut than a hand held jigsaw in one hand and the wood in the other (or clamped when they always seem to move). Recommend using as fine a blade as you can find for wood as the more coarse the blade the more the wood has a tendency to bounce. Important to have vacuum connector. Not too many selling this so tried Amazon.ca and found what I was looking for.
on January 9, 2016
This is a very handy tool that is used a lot and I have a lot of tools. I wear ear muffs because it is loud due to how powerful it is. Holding try for blades is much appreciated. Tons of youtube videos on this and they are not hype, it really does work as good as the video show. It is very well made and feels like you are working with a quality machine. I have a sawstop for a table saw so I really appreciate a quality machine such as this.
on January 5, 2014
The BladeRunner did a lot more than I expected. It eliminates 2 saws I was going to replace my small Band Saw & Jig Saw. Not only does a better job than both of these Saws but saved me Money, Space & better finished work. For a small workshop I would suggest this to anybody that were to ask me. - Gordie
on January 18, 2014
This product does what it says it does, and is a very good multi saw. I have cut plastic, metal and wood with it, and it does a great job.
on February 8, 2013
Just started pen turning and needed something that would cut acrylic and small wood block..
This item did just that and I know I'll be finding all sorts of things to use this bladerunner.
Really sets off a vibration, so lock it down or bolt it down. Guide is sticky so be careful sliding
you piece towards the blade - go slow! Overall, it works for me!!
on February 13, 2014
great saw for small projects keeping both hands free to hold the project. Should have its own light source to aid cutting
on March 1, 2016
Not the best cutting saw, does not cut straight.
on August 26, 2013
i tried this machine for some small home project and it is wounder full for wood , good for thin sheet of aluminum but total faliure for ceramic tile, what they clam. ceramic blade died immediately as u touch the ceramic tile.

See 1 answered question