- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Roger Quilter: His Life and Music Hardcover – Oct 23 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
The biography has been thoroughly researched and is meticulously documented. When she come to the works, the same thoroughness is applied. GRAMOPHONE (John Steane) Superb new biography... I can't speak highly enough of Valerie Langfield's book, which is a mine of information on a 75-year-long musical life lived in the shadow of smart society and two terrible wars. The scholarship is formidable, the detail scrupulously marshalled... The CD recordings deserve to be far more widely known. OLDIE (Richard Osborne) VL has performed a wonderful service for the memory and works of Roger Quilter, and all who care for English song are deeply in her debt. IVOR GURNEY SOCIETY JOURNAL (Roger Buckley) Engaging, well-researched, highly detailed biography... Book and CD will delight devotees, scholars and performers of English song. CHOICE Authoritative and superbly researched study of his life and music. SUNDAY TELEGRAPH (Michael Kennedy) Splendid...will certainly remain the definitive exploration of Quilter's life and music for a long time to come.... Beautifully researched, aptly organized, well edited and carefully written. ALBION
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Biographies
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Songwriting
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music