Rosetta Stone French Level 1
|List Price:||CDN$ 179.00|
|Price:||CDN$ 99.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 80.00 (45%)|
- Learn to read, write, and speak in French with Rosetta Stone.
- Build upon a foundation of key French vocabulary, words, and phrases.
- Rosetta Stone moves forward when you are ready. You drive the pace. You set the schedule.
- Practice live online with a native French speaking tutor, and have access to the Rosetta Stone online learning community.
- Take the Rosetta Stone experience with you while on-the-go, free 3 month trial included. Build your French language skills from your tablet and mobile devices.
- Build a foundation of fundamental vocabulary and essential language structure. Learn basic French conversational skills, including greetings and introductions, simple questions and answers, shopping and much more. Learn French today with Rosetta Stone.
- Platform: Windows 7 / XP / 8, Mac OS X
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.ca Product Description
Build a foundation of fundamental vocabulary and essential language structure. Gain the confidence to master basic conversational skills, including greetings and introductions, simple questions and answers, shopping, and much more.
From the Manufacturer
On Windows: 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
On Mac: Intel Core Duo 1.33GHz or faster processor
1 GB of RAM or higher
3 GB free hard-drive space (per level)
1024 x 768 display resolution
Broadband Internet connection
Available port for headset with microphone (not included)
From the Manufacturer
Discover the new Rosetta Stone Level 1 experience
Millions of people around the world have already learned a new language with our award-winning approach. It's no coincidence that Rosetta Stone is the fastest way to learn a language. Our method is effective because it's more than the newest app—it's the result of decades of research into the way people learn best.
With Level 1 you build a foundation of fundamental vocabulary and essential language structure. Begin to learn and speak with confidence. Master basic conversational skills, including greetings and introductions, simple questions and answers, shopping and much more.
Rosetta Stone Level 1
Live Conversation Sessions
What will you learn?
Gain confidence by mastering basic conversational skills. This includes greetings, introductions, simple Q&A's, and much more.
Hello, how are you?
What is your name?
Nice to meet you.
Where are you from?
My name is David Brown.
This is my friend Anna.
Excuse me, do you speak Chinese?
How much does the gray sweater cost?
I am buying the sweater because I'm visiting my grandmother this afternoon.
I want to pay with a credit card.
You’ll learn through immersion—which means you’ll only hear and speak your new language. Without offering your native language for translation, our interactive immersion encourages you to learn more actively than other methods, which means you’ll be more successful.
Our advanced system presents material at the right intervals to optimize your individual learning. The curriculum is sequenced to introduce new skills in a way that stimulates your brain’s natural language learning ability.
Advanced speech recognition technology analyzes every syllable, whenever you speak.
Does the Rosetta Stone solution work?
- Millions of learners around the world have discovered a language with the Rosetta Stone solution—from individuals to corporate clients such as NASA, the US State Department, and more than 10,000 schools.
Rosetta Stone's Advanced Features
Rosetta Studio introduces you to real conversation in online sessions with language coaches who are native speakers. Supercharge your learning and experience everything communicating live has to offer.
Rosetta World is a lively online community where ramping up your language skills looks a lot like playing games. Reinforce what you've learned by having a live online chat, or facing off against new friends around the world. Chances are, you'll be having so much fun, you won't realize how much you're improving.
Rosetta Stone on the Go
Learn and practice on the go-or sync and track your progress across multiple devices. Our available mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android tablets and smartphones make it easy.
Ready to dive in?
If you want to learn to swim, you need to get in the water.
It's the same with learning to speak another language. Without your native language for help, you'll learn actively—which makes you more successful.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I found the software very easy to install and I was soon ready to get started. It did not take long to appreciate why this course is rated so highly. The combination of French words and pictures to accompany them means that one is thinking in French fairly much from the word go. Pronunciation, reading, writing and vocabulary are all covered and I quickly found myself picking up from the basis of schoolboy French, learned many years ago and discovered that I had been making certain basic mistakes in pronunciation which were corrected in the course of the first lesson or two. I found I was adding to my vocabulary almost from the word go.
One element which is certainly here is that the Rosetta Stone course really makes it fun to learn. I started off intending to take the first lesson and soon found myself well into the second. At the end of each segment you are given a percentage result, and this is a real incentive. I was quite pleased when I hit my first 100%!
There are some aspects that would be purchasers should be aware of however. This course comes with a 3 month access to the online aspects which include live tutorials with French native speakers, and various community activities with games etc to improve your skills. You have to commence your inclusive three months within six months of purchase. Should you wish to extend this beyond the inclusive three months, it will an adidtional fee per three month additional segment according to RS customer services.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Keep in mind that this is an immersion program: no explicit grammar/Published 18 months ago by tractrox
Look for similar items by category
- Software > Business & Office > Communication > E-mail
- Software > Children's Software > Foreign Language
- Software > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages > French
- Software > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages > Universal Translator
- Software > Language & Travel > Foreign Language > French
- Software > Language & Travel > Foreign Language > Universal Translator
- Software > Macintosh > Education & How-To > Foreign Languages
- Software > Rosetta Stone