- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Rural Development Research: A Foundation for Policy Hardcover – Mar 30 1996
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
THOMAS D. ROWLEY is a social science analyst in the Rural Economy Division, Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, where he manages ERS's program of research support to the State Rural Development Councils and its involvement in the National Rural Development Partnership.
DAVID W. SEARS is senior policy analyst with the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Commerce. His focus is on using manufacturing extension centers as an economic development tool.
GLENN L. NELSON is an economic counsultant in regional development policy in Ann Arbor, Michigan. His current research focuses on the regional and sectoral impacts of changes in entitlement policies and associated fiscal policies.
J. NORMAN REID is director of Community Outreach Services for the Rural Business and Cooperative Development Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. He has written a number of publications on rural economic and social trends in the United States and OECD countries.
MERVIN J. YETLEY is a former staff member of the Committee on Agriculture, U.S. House of Representatives, where he worked on rural development, agriculture, and trade issues. He also has experience in international development and is author or coauthor of over 50 publications.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Education became a focus of national public policy debate in the early 1980s when major national and regional reports linked the American educational system to the economic future of the nation. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Development & Growth
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Policy & Current Events
- Books > History > Africa
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Rural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Development & Growth
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Environmental
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Business Development
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Africa
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology