Russian is the official language in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Krygystan. Pimsleur's Russian uses speakers from Moscow and St. Petersburg, which accounts for slight pronunciation differences between speakers, but accurately depicts contemporary spoken Russian. Comprehensive Russian II
includes 30 additional lessons (16 hrs.), plus Readings, which build upon the language skills acquired in Level I. Increased spoken and reading language ability. Level II will double your vocabulary and grammatical structures while increasing your spoken proficiency exponentially. Upon completion of a Level II, you will be able to:
Note: In order for the Pimsleur Method to work correctly, you must first complete the Level I language program before proceeding to the Level II language program.
- engage in fuller conversations involving yourself, your family, daily activities, interests and personal preferences,
- combine known elements into increasingly longer sentences and strings of sentences,
- create with language and function in informal situations,
- deal with concrete topics in the past, present, and future,
- meet social demands and limited job requirements,
- begin reading for meaning.