|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
* Get up to speed quickly on storage area networks (SANs) in the real world
* What they are, what they do, how to get one
* Essentials on backup, recovery, disaster avoidance
With plain words but impressive authority, storage area network (SAN) consultant Denise Colon explains how SANs use fibre channel to store vast amounts of data, move it at lightning speed, scale to meet accelerating growth, and offer unprecedented reliability. Her SANs Demystified then gives you the tools to build, configure, and manage your own SAN without mishaps.
YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK IF—
* People look to you for answers on networks, systems administration, or data management
* How a SAN fits with your system--practically and technically--is need-to-know info
* Evaluating, implementing, configuring, or managing SANs may be in your future
* You want a solutions kit for SAN issues from buildout to backup
* Impartial comparisons of off-the-shelf SANs could save your company money
* Right answers on recovery and disaster avoidance are more than a pass/fail issue to you
* You need to be knowledgeable on the next steps for networks
* Your job involves network training, security, administration, management, assessment, implementation, or configuration
* Your business is growing globally—or you want it to
Faster than a speeding bullet, capable of storing and moving massive quantities of data, reliable and scalable, SANs are in the future of many networks—and this is the book that brings the future home.
Denise Colon (Jamaica, NY), is a corporate consultant with extensive experience in technical writing, instructional design, and training. She is the author of Edutrends’ The Public Telephone Network interactive computer-based training course. Formerly, Denise developed and delivered training in customer service and sales for the New York Telephone Company.