I saw the video of this that showed golfers using this to warm up before teeing off. Well, I decided to try it. This is what I thought of it:
1. Great for warming up - Instead of just doing stretching, I take this out of my bag and swing this about 20 times to warm up. It does loosen me up specially for the first hole.
2. Great for Lag Training - It naturally gives you that feel of lag, and is starting to show up in my golf swing. It is starting to be more automatic now.
3. Improved my accuracy - My grouping is much tighter now. My swing used to be very erratic, I could cast the club sometimes and really ruin my day, but this has reduced that now.
4. Gives you the feeling of what a proper swing should feel like - Once I got accostomed to the sensation of a proper swing, I am beginning to change my swing to match that. It is a work in progress as I still have a wicked slice that shows up at the worst times, but I have seen my hitting improve.
5. Great tempo trainer - That is the biggest difference with my swing now. I now know what proper tempo is supposed to be. It has improved my swing.
6. Great workout - I use this as a workout. I really try to set aside time to just just swing with this. I do feel that I am stronger and can hit the ball with less effort now.
1. Length - This is longer than the standard clubs so give yourself some space and make sure you dont hit anyone.
It really does what it says it is supposed to do. My swing has improved in tempo, lag and power. I swing it many times a day and is a really good swing coach. I have other swing trainers but this is the one I use the most since lag and tempo are my real weakness.
*****UPDATE June 27, 2013*****
I still use the 48 inch trainer all the time to practice my drives and fairway woods. But, I needed to get a shorter one to simulate my irons and Hybrid. So I bought the 40 inch trainer as well. I tell you that this is really an excellent workout. Not only do you get to improve the tempo and lag of your swing, but you also break a sweat. I only take the 48 inch to the course because my driver is the one that scares me the most and this gives me some confidence before taking the Big Dog out of the bag. I still warm up with this before playing and while we are waiting for the slower flight ahead of us.
My slice is gone from my irons and hybrid thanks to this. My driver is another matter. I still slice about half my drives, down from when I used to slice ALL my drives. It usually happens on holes where I did not have any time to practice with this before driving. My driving distance has improved between 10 to 20 yards as well.
I have other Swing trainers but this is the only one I take with me to the golf course.