From the Back Cover
Secure your company's mission-critical data
Plan for an implement a sound SQL Server 2000 data protection solution. SQL Server 2000 Backup & Recovery explains in detail how to develop a strategy based on your business requirements, select hardware and software, plan for data storage, perform backups, and execute data restore procedures. The focus is on practical, real-world information that you can immediately apply in your own environment. Case studies and scenarios illustrate how to apply all the methods presented in the book. Increase SQL Server performance and provide high levels of data protection with help from this practical resource.
- Create a valid data protection plan based on business requirements
- Configure and manage security and data protection in Windows NT/2000
- Understand SWL Server 2000 architecture, including transaction logs, concurrency, locking, and data storage features
- Determine the best hardware and software for your backup and recovery operations
- Plan for and perform full, differential, and transaction log backups
- Design data storage solutions using RAID, file groups, and other SQL Server 2000 technologies
- Develop restore plans to accommodate everything from minor data loss to complete system failures
- Implement advanced data protection to increase reliability and uptime using replication, standby servers (log-shipping), and fail-over clustering
About the Author
Anil Desai, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, is Technical Architect for QuickArrow, Inc., in Austin, Texas. He has consulted for several companies, ranging from small startups to multinational organizations. Anil is the author of Windows NT Network Management: Reducing Total Cost of Ownership and MCSE: Windows 2000 Directory Services Implementation Exam Guide, and co-author of MCSE Fast Track: SQL Server 7 Administration.