- An easy-to-use, day-to-day desk reference
- For all junior, part-time, and reluctant SQL Server DBAs and developers
- Fast facts to help you get the job done
SQL Server 2000 is the leading relational database for the Windows platform. It's a full-feautured, enterprise-call database server, but one whose ease of use and maintenance makes it suitable for non-professional DBAs.
IF you're new to SQL Server 2000, you will benefit from this book's explanation of the different ways to achieve a task, and the benefits and disadvantages of each method. If you're a more experienced SQL Server DBA, this book enables you quickly to reference the specifics of a command or process, brings you up-to-date with the technology, and helps you refine your craft.
SQL Server 2000 Fast Answers for DBAs and Developers gives you:
- Thorough 'How to' answers to typical SQL Server database administration and developement questions
- A task-based guide to key parts of the job - installation, configuration, backup, security, replication, failover clustering, DTS, performance, and job automation
- Conceptual overviews that show how all the parts fit together
- Useful and concise syntax examples
- Best practice based on the author's five years of experience with SQL Server
- A place to look when you don't know the answer
Curlingstone is a new imprint providing practical information on all aspects of the technology, techniques, and job roles that form the database community.