From the Back Cover
Microsoft SQL Server backup: in-depth, start-to-finish, for every DBA!
- The most complete guide to SQL Server 2000 backup and recovery!
- Step-by-step coverage for backing up and restoring your databases, log shipping, and proper DBCC usage
- Making the most of factory-delivered SQL Server backup, restore and diagnostic tools
- Includes coverage of SQL Server in Windows(r) environments for XP and 2000
- Contains scripts and sample code for streamlining backup and recovery!
Written by a Microsoft senior consultant who specializes in SQL Server enterprise deployments, SQL Server Backup and Recovery is a comprehensive guide to protecting and restoring SQL Server databases. The book is organized to serve as both a hands-on tutorial and a long-term reference. Coverage includes:
- What every DBA needs to understand about SQL Server backup and recovery architecture and algorithms
- Planning for backup and recovery: time windows, recovery scenarios, and backup strategies
- Making the most of SQL Server's built-in backup and recovery and diagnostic tools
- Recovering the master database, step by step
- Installation and role changing with log shipping
- How to properly use SQL Server's DBCC commands
SQL Server Backup and Recovery contains scripts and sample code designed to automate and streamline the backup and recovery processtools field-proven in enterprise deployments. If you're responsible for protecting the data in a Microsoft SQL Server database, this is the realistic, systematic guide you've been searching for!
About the Author
FRANK McBATH is an SQL Server specialist in Microsoft's Enterprise Applications Practice specializing in architecting and implementing large database installations. Before joining Microsoft, McBath worked for several Fortune 100 firms and consulting houses.