summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$244.95+ $3.49 shipping

on May 21, 2012
I've had these DVD for about three weeks now. It's been great to revisit childhood memories. I'm kind of bummed about the 4:3 aspect ratio, which was standard at the time, but it still looks great on my LED TV with my upconverting DVD. The audio is AC3 digital, so it sounds good. The voices are exactly the same as the VHS and the episodes that aired on TV. Well, the DVD are basically the old VHS tapes but with better image and sound on discs. At first I purchased the Japanese Uncut version because I didn't know there were others. There are three kinds:

1- English Collection
2- The Japanese Uncut Collection (the one I originally bought)
3- The 'Ultimate' Collection (this one)

So make sure you get the one you want to avoid the hassle.

When I watched Sailor Moon on TV I had only seen seasons 1 and 2, so didn't what to expect from season 3 and 4. I'm kind of disappointed the voice actress changed for Sailor Moon in season 3, I liked the one from season 1 and 2 better, but the storyline is more mature and more interesting. I think the only voice actress that stayed the same throughout all four seasons was Sailor Jupiter (the tomboy tone is hard to miss).

Overall I'd suggest this to real fans or collectors. The series has aged well, and since Sailor Moon doesn't air on TV anymore, my young daughter gets to see it. For my son, who is 11, it was Star Wars. Each of my children will have received something special from my childhood, and I'm happy Sailor Moon is it! :o)
on February 23, 2015
I'm not a techie person and can not comment on those aspects but I will say I'm extremely happy with this set. It was delivered to me 2 days after ordering-so fast!!! and I've been trying to find moments to binge watch the seasons. I love the fact that I got the English and Japanese version in one set. It's interesting to see the difference in scene cuts and story lines.
So far the quality is really good, just as I remember watching it off of TV and I've had no issues with the sound quality either. The menu's are easy to navigate through and all the discs have worked for me so far.
While it was a little pricey, true fans will want this set if you can swing it because as I hear the new English versions they're recently releasing aren't of good quality and will be just as expensive, if not more. Plus you won't get the Japanese version as well.
All in all, I'm very satisfied with this DVD set and the vendor.
on October 24, 2014
Originally thought it was a lot of money to spend, but went for it anyway and I have not been disappointed! It would have paid for itself had I been alone in my enjoyment of it (wanted to see the complete Japanese version for the first time to compare with the NA dub), but friends and family have seen it on my shelf and excitedly started watching too. People I had no idea even liked it. Fantastic experience.
on April 4, 2014
I was a little skeptical about ordering this because of the reviews that mentioned thing being a bootleg. I researched the product a lot. Most reviews that say this is a bootleg are either unverified buyers, first time reviewers (likely competitors of the seller) or bring up wrong facts. So I trusted the more positive reviews and pulled the trigger. I told myself I could always return them if they turned out to be fakes or of low quality.

If this is a pirated version, I say let them pirate everything! The transfers to DVD are beautifully done and the audio is spot on as well (limited to 2.0 due to the age of the show, not their fault). The cases are top quality and the disc labels are beautiful as well. They even come with inserts listing each episode by number. I'm really glad I did not listen to the idiot naysayers who don't know what they're talking about.

These also have a lifetime warranty, so a free replacement will be sent if you have an unfortunate incident.

I could not be more pleased.
on April 10, 2015
awesome to own all sailor moon episodes in their original form. some of the art work on the covers do not match up to the seasons. Example mini moon is on season 1 of the japanese version but does not make an appearance in the show until season 2
on September 6, 2013
The show itself is wonderful and just as I remembered. I prefer the Japanese version with their names and dialogue since its a bit more mature than the English. But it was fun to watch the English version that I remembered from childhood. The only problem is with the Sailor Stars Series, the video quality isn't as good as the other seasons, as well as the subtitles don't show up sometimes so you don't know what they are saying for some lines.
on May 11, 2016
Arrived super fast and though I am just watching the first disc now, so far it is exactly as I had hoped. Aspect ratio is locked in the old square shape (can't remember the name now), but that is to be expected since it's an older show. So happy to have these all on DVD!
on December 7, 2014
Great set, but season 1 disc 2 only has season 2 content on it.
on February 19, 2012
This is an excellent addition to anyone's Sailor Moon collection. The quality is awesome and just the way I remember it! I love having it on hand whenever I would like to watch them.
on April 6, 2015