Frequently Bought Together
Sell a Digital Version of This Book in the Kindle Store
If you are a publisher or author and hold the digital rights to a book, you can sell a digital version of it in our Kindle Store. Learn more
Most helpful customer reviews
5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction Jan. 2 2012
The ethos and process of Polyface's beef farming is excellent. The journey through this book really helps you understand the concepts of a healthy environment and the benefits this gives you in the production of a solid healthy stock.
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book June 30 2010
By Antoine Lord
This is the best all around book about beef production I have read. You will need more specialized book about calving, cattle health issue, etc. But this will get you going in the right direction or steer you in the right direction.
5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellant Choice Feb. 3 2000
By A Customer
This was a wonderful book. Not only was it extremely informative, but it was also very enjoyable to read. I recommend it highly!
4.0 out of 5 stars Good How-to on raising beef on shoestring for direct market Dec 25 1997
Joel Salatin brings optimism and energy to this series of essays on how he raises beef (and other livestock ) on grass for direct market to urban consumers. He reveals his tricks in great detail, such as the egg-mobile, the pig-aerator, electric fencing, the warm winter hay shed, and how to promote the meat. A must for anyone looking for new ideas on raising livestock
Want to see more reviews on this item?
› Go to Amazon.com to see all 27 reviews 4.9 out of 5 stars
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Veterinary Medicine
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Sustainable Agriculture
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Marketing
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Sustainable Agriculture
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Veterinary Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference