- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Sanctity of Human Life Hardcover – Sep 18 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Novak's voice deserves to be heard. This meticulously researched book reveals that there are multiple ways of examining the thorny bioethical issues of modern time. JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) Readers who appreciate erudite arguments and rigorous scholarship will be interested in this book. The Catholic Register The scope of the book is breathtaking and thought-provoking... Novak offers refreshingly complex assessments of the interface among biology, society, and morality. Furthermore, the book's explicitly metaphysical orientation is suggestive. The Sanctity of Human Life engages multiple methods and powerful convictions about human life's emergence, its endurance, and its dissolution. From beginning to end, this is no small feat. American Journal of Bioethics [The] strength of this work is that it is written from the point of view of a Jewish theologian who is also a trained philosopher in the natural law tradition... [The] emphasis on drawing from philosophy, theology, and political theory is commendable indeed. Novak honestly and forthrightly speaks of how his theology informs his ethics. Christian Apologetics Journal
About the Author
David Novak holds the J. Richard and Dorothy Shiff Chair of Jewish Studies as professor of the study of religion and professor of philosophy at the University of Toronto. In 2006 he was appointed as a member of the Canada Assisted Reproduction Agency.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Philosophy
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Medical Ethics
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Theology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Ethics
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Theology > Moral Theology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Physician & Patient > Medical Ethics
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Religious Studies > Judaism
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Ethics