countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: White|Change

on October 23, 2015
What a fantastic unit. The screen is lit with a variable intensity blue background so you can leave it on low intensity overnight and then when the clock radio alarm begins the intensity automatically jumps to high, to light up the clock face. Very nice. Also the clock radio sound comes on gently over a half minute or so with a gentle volume then increases in volume. No blaring radio here folks ! The sound is very nice, clear, with some nice bass. It is very easy to read, the alarm settings are very thorough and easy to set and reset. There are 7 preset station buttons on top of the unit so you can preset your favourite stations. Also there is a great function called the "Information" button which is the bottom button on the right side face of the unit and when you turn it on, if the station is a Radio Data station, a read-a-board style message moves across the screen identifying the station you are listening to and the name of the song and the artist. It is a nice size unit, not taking up much space on my limited sized bed size table. Easy to learn how to use. I am glad I waited the month to get it as it was on back order. I could not have found a unit as excellent as this in the smaller city I live in. This Sangean product I purchased through Amazon was great. Shipping was fast. A great purchase ! N.C.B. Kelowna BC.
on August 24, 2012
I wanted one "accurate" timepiece in the house and this fits the bill nicely. Have bought other radio-setting (Atomic) clocks before and they turned out to simply be junk.
Others have had issues both with the printed manual and the "dim" settings. Maybe Sangean has changed things but I had no problems at all. The "dim" setting is controlled with a rotary knob on the bottom of the radio.
The radio itself is excellent.
on October 27, 2015
The unit is smaller than I expected, but that is fine. Fairly easy to set up. My only complaint is the brightness of the clock screen. Even on dim - it lights up a room. What would be wrong with a black background with coloured numbers - much more subtle.
on August 14, 2014
I suppose it's possible to find fault with almost anything: with this product I wish that the clock numerals were a bit larger and/or bolder, and that instead of a two brightness setting button there was variable brightness control (for the display). That being said, the quality of the unit seems very good. The clock time set itself automatically, the sound quality from the speaker seems quite good for such a small radio, and I like the different timers and alarms. Headphone jack is great (can listen while my wife is sleeping), and the volume control is large, easy to find, and easy to adjust. Although the clock numerals could be larger, the display does show quite a bit of information. Love the digital tuning and being able to lock my favourite stations into presets. If anything, I thought the unit was better looking than I expected from the pictures. Glad I purchased it. Would recommend.
on February 25, 2012
This is really cool. The sound from that alarm clock is awesome. The bass is deep, it doesn't sound like a can. No reception problems (I had problems with my old one - another brand). Many alarms, cool stuff. Light dimmer, great feature. And it keeps all the settings in memory when there's a elec shortage, and it sets the clock by itself too. Good stuff.
on January 27, 2013
It's a little bulky and the screen is bright so something to consider for those annoyed by anything bright when sleeping. Sound is pretty good and much fuller than regular tin-can sounding alarm clocks. Reception is very good. The atomic clock sync works great which makes this the most dependable clock in the house.
on May 27, 2016
Excellent radio reception which in our house is tricky. Had an older model which we replaced after 5-6 years because the buttons on the top stopped doing what they were supposed to - almost like the circuit board had moved slightly. Anyhow, the radio reception was so good that we bought another of the same model. The atomic clock function is having issues with this one but we just set it manually. Radio reception and all other functions work well.
on May 26, 2016
unless the back lighting is turned high it is difficult to read the time. Since the clock radio is beside my bed, the back lighting puts too much light in the bed room. Some how they should only light the numbers and not the whole background.
on July 6, 2013
I liked the appearance of the clock radio, and the fact that it won't be losing time like my previous one. Yeah for atomic clocks! The sound was pretty good for a radio this size. It took a little bit more reading of directions than I'm used to - only had difficulties with setting the alarm for each day. Still, I am quite satisfied with this clock radio, and would recommend it to others.
on July 30, 2015
Hello: I have a Sony AM/FM Clock Radio, I put the thing away and I can't remember, where I put it at?? I bought the sony first, and did not Like the sound!
So I bought The " Sangean RCR-22 AM/FM Atomic Clock Radio" All I can say Is this is the Best Radio, I have ever owned ;) . And I have been buying " transistor radio's" since I believe 1960 or 61? And I Luv the sound and the ease of setting your Fav. Station, and With two alarms,it's Great,
Now I set one alarm for Myself, and set the other one for Me :)
Buy One and you like everything about, this Radio....