summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Color: White|Change

on August 24, 2012
I wanted one "accurate" timepiece in the house and this fits the bill nicely. Have bought other radio-setting (Atomic) clocks before and they turned out to simply be junk.
Others have had issues both with the printed manual and the "dim" settings. Maybe Sangean has changed things but I had no problems at all. The "dim" setting is controlled with a rotary knob on the bottom of the radio.
The radio itself is excellent.
on February 25, 2012
This is really cool. The sound from that alarm clock is awesome. The bass is deep, it doesn't sound like a can. No reception problems (I had problems with my old one - another brand). Many alarms, cool stuff. Light dimmer, great feature. And it keeps all the settings in memory when there's a elec shortage, and it sets the clock by itself too. Good stuff.
on January 27, 2013
It's a little bulky and the screen is bright so something to consider for those annoyed by anything bright when sleeping. Sound is pretty good and much fuller than regular tin-can sounding alarm clocks. Reception is very good. The atomic clock sync works great which makes this the most dependable clock in the house.
on October 23, 2015
What a fantastic unit. The screen is lit with a variable intensity blue background so you can leave it on low intensity overnight and then when the clock radio alarm begins the intensity automatically jumps to high, to light up the clock face. Very nice. Also the clock radio sound comes on gently over a half minute or so with a gentle volume then increases in volume. No blaring radio here folks ! The sound is very nice, clear, with some nice bass. It is very easy to read, the alarm settings are very thorough and easy to set and reset. There are 7 preset station buttons on top of the unit so you can preset your favourite stations. Also there is a great function called the "Information" button which is the bottom button on the right side face of the unit and when you turn it on, if the station is a Radio Data station, a read-a-board style message moves across the screen identifying the station you are listening to and the name of the song and the artist. It is a nice size unit, not taking up much space on my limited sized bed size table. Easy to learn how to use. I am glad I waited the month to get it as it was on back order. I could not have found a unit as excellent as this in the smaller city I live in. This Sangean product I purchased through Amazon was great. Shipping was fast. A great purchase ! N.C.B. Kelowna BC.
on August 14, 2014
I suppose it's possible to find fault with almost anything: with this product I wish that the clock numerals were a bit larger and/or bolder, and that instead of a two brightness setting button there was variable brightness control (for the display). That being said, the quality of the unit seems very good. The clock time set itself automatically, the sound quality from the speaker seems quite good for such a small radio, and I like the different timers and alarms. Headphone jack is great (can listen while my wife is sleeping), and the volume control is large, easy to find, and easy to adjust. Although the clock numerals could be larger, the display does show quite a bit of information. Love the digital tuning and being able to lock my favourite stations into presets. If anything, I thought the unit was better looking than I expected from the pictures. Glad I purchased it. Would recommend.
on July 6, 2013
I liked the appearance of the clock radio, and the fact that it won't be losing time like my previous one. Yeah for atomic clocks! The sound was pretty good for a radio this size. It took a little bit more reading of directions than I'm used to - only had difficulties with setting the alarm for each day. Still, I am quite satisfied with this clock radio, and would recommend it to others.
on July 30, 2015
Hello: I have a Sony AM/FM Clock Radio, I put the thing away and I can't remember, where I put it at?? I bought the sony first, and did not Like the sound!
So I bought The " Sangean RCR-22 AM/FM Atomic Clock Radio" All I can say Is this is the Best Radio, I have ever owned ;) . And I have been buying " transistor radio's" since I believe 1960 or 61? And I Luv the sound and the ease of setting your Fav. Station, and With two alarms,it's Great,
Now I set one alarm for Myself, and set the other one for Me :)
Buy One and you like everything about, this Radio....
on March 30, 2013
We were looking a for solid long term alarm clock to replace the cheap 15$ Sony Alarm Clocks. This has fit the bill. Two Alarm Clock Settings, Excellent Sound for such a small device, easy to setup (read instructions first), highly recommended!
on August 26, 2014
It took four days to lock on the "atomic time". Starting to really like this alarm clock. Daylight savings time is adjusted automatically for you. Nice feature. The signal for atomic time seems to connect for a couple of hours a few times a week. It is not a constant connection - but then doesn't need to be either. Another nice feature is battery backup when the power goes out. Double alarm feature is also nice. All in all - now that the atomic time feature is working, this has gone from a one star to five star purchase. If you purchase - give it a few days to make initial atomic time connection.

My first review after having the unit a couple of days:
Will not set time automatically as advertised. Disappointing. Paid premium price for a basic clock radio.
on November 15, 2011
This seems to be an excellent clock-radio but the user's manual is incomplete. This makes it difficult to use especially in the most critical functions of setting and clearing alarms. The company has not replied my request for clarification.Sangean RCR-22 AM/FM Atomic Clock Radio