Schwinn 460 Variable Stride Elliptical Trainer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Lets you change stride lengths without manual adjustments
- Features 16-total programs, including 11-workout profiles
- Tracks results and programming for up to two users; articulating foot plates minimize heel impact
- Shows your time, interval time, RPM, watts, distance, pulse, speed, calories, resistance level, and course profile
- Measures 54 x 34 x 73 inches (L x W x H)
This ships separately from other items in your order. The item ships in its original manufacturer's packaging and therefore the contents cannot be concealed.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Maximize your home workouts with the Schwinn 460 Elliptical Trainer, which features Schwinn's exclusive V-Stride Technology that allows you to change stride lengths without manual adjustments or machine modifications. The 460 provides a complete lower-body workout: step to target calves and quads; walk to work your thighs and glutes, and run to lengthen your strides and engage all muscle groups.
Featuring a high-tech design, the Schwinn 460 includes 11 workout profiles built by the Nautilus Institute with instructional messages on utilizing stride lengths and foot/leg motions for maximized results. And the Schwinn Advantage workout system tracks results and programming for up to two users. You'll get heart rate feedback via the HR grips on the static handlebars, and heart rate telemetry using the included chest strap.
The dynamic backlit touchscreen console displays workout and interval time, distance, pulse, speed, calories, resistance level, and course profile. Other features include an oversized water bottle holder (accommodates 4-inch bottle), adjustable cooling fan, and transport handle and non-skid wheels for easy storage.
Features and Specifications:
- V-Stride technology, integrated in the cam/footplate, enables strides from 2 to 26 inches
- Independent footplates let users target core muscles while engaging both sides of the body
- 16 total programs: 1 Manual, 11 Profile, 2 Custom for two users
- Quiet, magnetic ECB (Eddy current brake) resistance with 16 levels
- Fly wheel: 25 pounds, steel
- Drive system: Computer controlled
- Fixed and moving handlebars
- Chest strap with telemetric and grip heart rate monitoring
- Heart rate grip on padded static handlebars
- Transport handle and non-skid wheels
- Articulating foot plates minimize heel impact
- Schwinn Advantage workout system tracks results and programming for two users
- Dynamic backlit LCD touchscreen console
- Display Readout: Time, Interval Time, RPM, Watts, Distance, Pulse, Speed, Calories, Resistance Level, Course Profile
- 11 workout profiles contain embedded fitness prompts to maximize results
- Oversized water bottle holder and angle-adjustable fan
- Maximum user weight: 300 pounds
- Dimensions: 54 x 34 x 73 inches (L x W x H)
- Unit weight: 205 pounds
- Power requirements: AC adapter
Frame - 10 years, parts - 2 years, electronics - 1 year, wear parts: 90 days
About Elliptical Trainers
Elliptical trainers represent the next wave of advancement in low-impact cardiovascular exercise machines and continue to grow in popularity. By simulating motions experienced through walking, stepping, cycling, and skiing, elliptical machines allow for a smooth and fluid motion while building strength in the arms and legs. Similar to the exercise position for treadmills, elliptical trainers are used by standing in an upright position while holding the handrails of the machine. With elliptical trainers, however, your feet remain in the foot pedals throughout the exercise regimen and circulate in a smooth and seamless motion, resulting in little to no impact on the knees, back, and hips.
Elliptical trainers are compatible for all ages and fitness levels and allow you to select the difficulty level through the incline and intensity settings. Additionally, elliptical trainers allow you to determine the complexity of your workout based on your needs, all while listening to music, watching television, or reading a magazine while exercising in the comfort and safety of your own home.
Although different types of elliptical trainers offer an assortment of features, many of them include an array of challenging programs, forward and reverse directional movement, EKG grip pulse handles, a lightweight portable design with easy fold-up capability, and a monitor displaying calories burned, distance, speed, time, and heart rate. Other types of exercise machines, namely treadmills and bikes, offer excellent cardiovascular exercise and muscular training for the legs in a forward-motion exercise. Elliptical trainers take this to the next level by offering an upper and lower body workout with dual motion, challenging and diverse programs, and a low-impact exercise machine that won't strain sensitive joints.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I contacted Nautilus and they replied with the following:
"The Schwinn 460 was provided a robust safety upgrade in order to strengthen the product. Our voluntary recall was a proactive step to make sure that the product meets our own quality standards and the expectations of our customers. The safety upgrade should prevent any issue with the welds, and we have not received any information from customers indicating that the safety upgrade was not effective."
The recall that the previous poster was referring too was from Dec 2011.
Now I get to watch adventure time instead of the music videos or cnn, Im happy.
I like variable stride - works for me in achieving my fitness goals. It can be used to target different muscle groups depending on your stride. It's fairly compact compared to the other elliptical, which is great because we don't have a lot of space. Price was right and free shipping.
The variable stride works for our family with people of various sizes.
It can be used to target different muscle groups depending on: adjusting your stride, as well as forward or backward motion.User friendly. Great price and free shipping. Delivery was white glove so they bring into your main floor.
Most recent customer reviews
Easy to install.
This strider is a bit shaky at faster speed. Other than that, it is a good product.
The machine is far too large and cumbersome and the description provided is not adequate for those considering purchasing this piece of equipment.Published on Jan. 8 2014 by Lorraine Blair
This machine was ordered and the delivery driver did not want to bring it to the door. Also there was a problem with the computer even after I received the replacement part from... Read morePublished on July 24 2013 by Amber