Tokio Hotel has sold more albums in Germany alone than The Beatles during their time. They are extremely popular in Europe, definitely THE most popular international band, and are now making their debut in America. This CD is a mixture of their first and second German albums, translated into English. Their sound is compatible with American rock music, and the translations keep the essence of each song well. If you are into clean rock music, I would strongly suggest Tokio Hotel.
1. Scream - 9/10. A rebellious rock-punk song about your opinions being heard. A great song (especially live), but is one of their earlier songs, and thus not as musically complicated as their later ones.
2. Ready Set Go - 10/10. Another rebellious rock anthem. The music is more intricate than Scream, and very catchy and motivating.
3. Monsoon - 20/10. The song that put them on the map. A beautiful power-ballad that anyone can enjoy, and lyrics that will make you melt.
4. Love Is Dead - 10/10. Everyone I know loves this song. Very Romeo and Juliet-esque.
5. Don't Jump - 8.5/10 - I give this an 8.5, but most people I know are very touched by this song, and consider it their favorite Tokio Hotel song. It is about suicide, and finding enough hope not to do it.
6. Live Every Second - 10/10. An extra track. Very catchy and fun to listen to, and sounds even better in English than in German.
7. On The Edge - 10/10. Great song about the negative effects of drugs.
8. Sacred - 9/10. A softer song about ending a love relationship, but still feeling as though that person is special to you. Very pretty.
9. Break Away - 7.5 or 8/10. In English, it is lyrically their weakest song in my opinion. The guitar riff is catchy, but the words sound awkward in English, because, for some reason, the singer's accent is detectable in this song. Still enjoyable, though.
10. Rescue Me - 8/10. A song about being left and betrayed by someone you loved. Some of the emotion seems lost in the translation to English. The German version, however, is one of their strongest snd most powerful songs.
11. Final Day - 8.5/10. Good song.
12. Forgotten Children - 9/10. An emotional song about children who have been abandoned and without homes.
13. By Your Side - 9/10. Beautiful.
14. 1000 Oceans - 20/10. ADDICTIVE. Great, great song. A bonus track.
15. Durch Den Monsun - 10/10. Bonus track. This is the original, German version of the song 'Monsoon'. It is the version the band did when they first became famous, which means that they were younger, which means that the lead singer's voice hadn't fully developed by this time. The singing is good, but he has a high voice than the rest of the album. This is no drawback, and gives a taste of what their German songs sound like.
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND this album. This is rock music anyone can enjoy, with very personal, emotional songs that you can easily get addicted to. Tokio Hotel has completely taken over Europe in a matter of years, and is on their way to taking over America. If you are looking for something a little new and fresh, pick up this album NOW.