From the Back Cover
Have serious fun as you master every essential kayaking skill
Are you a visual learner? Short on time? Do you like a little entertainment with your instruction? Then Sea Kayaking Illustrated is for you. It combines concise, easy-to-understand instruction with lively, information-packed, often hilarious illustrations to show you how to improve your kayaking skills.
Developed by a certified instructor, this complete program in sea kayaking takes you on a visual tour of everything this accessible sport has to offer.
- Paddling in wind and waves--in other words, sea kayaking!
- Gear--every kayaker's favorite topic
- Rescue techniques--if you haven't flipped yet, just wait
- Carrying kayaks--learn the intricacies of ropes, straps, and racks
- Surf's up--tips for wave dodgers and seasoned shredders
- River touring--no salt water needed!
- Kayak camping--how to Leave No Trace in style
- Coping with critters--from sea lions to sharks
- And much more--yes, there really is much more
"While chock-full of dead-on sea kayaking instruction, it's the fun and easy-to-digest format that sets this book apart. Reading it is a pleasure."--Frederick Reimers, Paddler
"Just the thing if you want a solid and comprehensive look at sea kayaking in all its forms."--John Lull, author, Sea Kayaking Safety and Rescues, instructor-trainer, ACA
About the Author
John Robison has been certified by the American Canoe Association in coastal kayak, whitewater kayak, and whitewater canoe instruction and has paddled extensively around the world.