About this Book
You can't always attack software head-on. Sometimes you come at it sideways or sneak up from behind. You need to master an arsenal of tools and know every stealthy trick. You have to be a ninja.
You don't have to be a ninja to read this book—just be willing to become one. Are you ready?
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
- Functions, objects, closures, regular expressions, and more
- Seeing applications and libraries from the right perspective
- Dealing with the complexities of cross-browser development
About the Authors
Table of Contents
- Enter the ninja
- Arming with testing and debugging
- Functions are fundamental
- Wielding functions
- Closing in on closures
- Object-orientation with prototypes
- Wrangling regular expressions
- Taming threads and timers
- Ninja alchemy: runtime code evaluation
- With statements
- Developing cross-browser strategies
- Cutting through attributes, properties, and CSS
- Surviving events
- Manipulating the DOM
- CSS selector engines