- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Security Analysis: Sixth Edition, Foreword by Warren Buffett Hardcover – Sep 25 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"The biggest event in the world of investment publishing this year looks certain to be the re-publication of a book that came out almost three-quarters of a century ago." Financial Times 20080617
From the Back Cover
“A roadmap for investing that I have now been following for 57 years.”
―From the foreword by Warren E. Buffett
The 1940 edition of Security Analysis is considered the bible of value investing. McGraw-Hill continues its proud tradition with this new sixth edition that will serve as a touchstone for a new generation of investors.
The leading “Masters” of value investing have updated Graham and Dodd’s classic work with more than 200 pages of new commentary:
- Seth A. Klarman, president of The Baupost Group, L.L.C. and author of Margin of Safety
- James Grant, founder of Grant's Interest Rate Observer, general partner of Nippon Partners
- Jeffrey M. Laderman, twenty-five year veteran of BusinessWeek
- Roger Lowenstein, author of Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist and When America Aged and Outside Director, Sequoia Fund
- Howard S. Marks, CFA, Chairman and Co-Founder, Oaktree Capital Management L.P.
- J. Ezra Merkin, Managing Partner, Gabriel Capital Group .
- Bruce Berkowitz, Founder, Fairholme Capital Management.
- Glenn H. Greenberg, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Chieftain Capital Management
- Bruce Greenwald, Robert Heilbrunn Professor of Finance and Asset Management, Columbia Business School
- David Abrams, Managing Member, Abrams Capital
The accompanying CD-ROM contains additional chapters from the original 1940 edition.
“Benjamin Graham is the father of investment analysts everywhere, originally sparking the debate for a credential to professionalize the industry which led to the CFA Charter. He transformed the practice of financial analysis from trade to science, starting with his groundbreaking book, Security Analysis, first published in 1934. This edition, with new commentary by some of today’s finest investors, belongs on every investment professional’s shelf.”
―Jeffrey J. Diermeier, CFA, president and CEO, CFA Institute
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is not written in modern English so some parts may be hard to comprehend if you don't read carefully but for any serious investor, its more worth your time to understand this book than search for scattered information :)
A must read for any serious or aspiring investors.
the forward by Seth Klarman and James Grant are also great.
The only drawback I would warn is that Warren Buffet is splashed on the cover, but his foreward is quite short and really only tells you that he thinks this is one of the most important books he has ever read.
Most recent customer reviews
While the examples are a bit dated, the book is as relevant as it was when it was first published. I would recommend to read it after intelligent investor.Published 2 months ago by Nima