Security+ Certification For Dummies Paperback – Mar 7 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Your shortcut to this affordable, career-boosting certification
The fun and easy way™ to study for the exam all the rewards in half the time!
Heres the Security+ test-prep guide youve been waiting for a For Dummies book-and-software package that actually makes studying fun. Prepared by a certified security expert and packed with proven tips and practice exams, its all you need to get up to speed on basic security and cryptography concepts and pass the test!
All this on the bonus CD-ROM
- Dummies Test Engine, our exclusive, fully customizable test-prep software featuring hundreds of sample questions
- Study notes formatted for Pocket Word to download to your Pocket PC
System requirements: PC running Windows 98 or later. See the About the CD Appendix for more system requirements and details.
About the Author
Lawrence Miller is a systems security consultant with over nine years of experience.
Peter Gregory is a logical security strategist at a wireless telecommunications carrier.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
So, when looking at Security+, I opted to purchase the Dummies book.
I'm on page 32 and have found some troubling errors.
1) The description of a switch (layer 2 switch) is incorrect. Drawing a comparison to a bridge would have been more accurate than saying a "smart hub."
2) SQL is NOT an example of a Session Layer. SQL is a syntax interface for an RDBMS (relational database management system), which uses a solution specific connector.
If I keep finding these minor fudges, I'm going to doubt how useful this book will be to me.
In the past, I've found that despite the "dummies" moniker, the technical books are usually well written and accurate. More importantly, they often span skill levels, talking to audiences of all levels.
This was a disappointment. I normally wait to review a book until I finish, but I'm a tad annoyed with this one.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Security & Encryption > Encryption
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Certification
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Networking > Networks, Protocols & API's > Network Security
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > Security & Encryption
- Books > For Dummies Store > Education > General
- Books > Literature & Fiction