Have one to sell?
Flip to back Flip to front
Listen Playing... Paused   You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
Learn more
See all 2 images

Security+ Certification For Dummies Paperback – Feb 21 2003


See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Amazon Price New from Used from
Paperback
"Please retry"
CDN$ 348.11 CDN$ 21.99

Up to 90% Off Textbooks

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought



Product Details


Product Description

From the Back Cover

Your shortcut to this affordable, career-boosting certification

The fun and easy way™ to study for the exam – all the rewards in half the time!

Here’s the Security+ test-prep guide you’ve been waiting for – a For Dummies book-and-software package that actually makes studying fun. Prepared by a certified security expert and packed with proven tips and practice exams, it’s all you need to get up to speed on basic security and cryptography concepts – and pass the test!

All this on the bonus CD-ROM

  • Dummies Test Engine, our exclusive, fully customizable test-prep software featuring hundreds of sample questions
  • Study notes formatted for Pocket Word to download to your Pocket PC

System requirements: PC running Windows 98 or later. See the About the CD Appendix for more system requirements and details.

About the Author

Lawrence Miller is a systems security consultant with over nine years of experience.

Peter Gregory is a logical security strategist at a wireless telecommunications carrier.


Inside This Book (Learn More)
First Sentence
The demand for skilled information security professionals has never been greater. Read the first page
Explore More
Concordance
Browse Sample Pages
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Search inside this book:

Customer Reviews

There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.ca
5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star

Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)

Amazon.com: 7 reviews
14 of 15 people found the following review helpful
One of the better dummies books Oct. 5 2005
By The Penguin - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
This is the only book I used to study for the Security+ exam. It covered all of the exam topics and provided enough information to answer about 70% of the questions. Even if you aren't trying to pass the exam, the information is organized very well and gives you a good working knowlege of the real world. To answer the other 30% of the questions, I had to use other resources. This book is not a substitute for TestKing or Actualtests.com if you just want to pass the exam. I give this book 3 stars for passing the exam, but 4 stars if you really want to understand computer security.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
Not up to normal Dummies par Aug. 12 2008
By Bryan S. Sampsel - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
I used the CISSP for Dummies to assist a friend in studying for his CISSP cert, which he got.

So, when looking at Security+, I opted to purchase the Dummies book.

I'm on page 32 and have found some troubling errors.

1) The description of a switch (layer 2 switch) is incorrect. Drawing a comparison to a bridge would have been more accurate than saying a "smart hub."

2) SQL is NOT an example of a Session Layer. SQL is a syntax interface for an RDBMS (relational database management system), which uses a solution specific connector.

If I keep finding these minor fudges, I'm going to doubt how useful this book will be to me.

In the past, I've found that despite the "dummies" moniker, the technical books are usually well written and accurate. More importantly, they often span skill levels, talking to audiences of all levels.

This was a disappointment. I normally wait to review a book until I finish, but I'm a tad annoyed with this one.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
Security+ for Dummies June 8 2007
By D. Clippinger - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Paperback
This book delivers exactly what the title promises. Unfortunately, I now realize that I need something written at a higher level. If you want the basics, buy this book, if you want to pass the Security+ certification exam, you need something more.
OK...Just, OK. March 25 2013
By Mr. Grimm - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Lawrence Miller is well enough, but he's no Ron Gilster. The book reads like it is supposed to, and it'll get you certified, but it won't be an experience that will make the time fly. But you will pass.
Satisfied Customer Dec 13 2012
By Tommy Martinez Jr. - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
I really do like this product which is why I'm giving a 5 star rating since I have no complaints about just the fact the product does what it's supposed to do, and I would recommend this product to anyone who wants it.


Feedback