“…designed to offer a comprehensive reference and ‘one stop source’ for those studying the security + certification examination…” (Computer Law and Security Report, November 03)
From the Back Cover
Your in-depth study guide to all five Security+ domains and their components
Earning Security+ certification will make you a more valuable security professional, and this clearly organized study guide will help assure that you achieve your goal. Security experts Russell Vines and Ronald Krutz have provided a thorough, step-by-step exploration of the five required domains for the Security+ examgeneral security concepts, communications security, infrastructure security, basics of cryptography, and operational/organizational security. Each section concludes with review questions, and the Boson test engine on the CD-ROM is packed with more sample exam questions to help you prepare.
Its the one book that will enable you to approach the exam with total confidence.
Youll learn how to:
- Achieve a thorough working knowledge of general security concepts, communications security, infrastructure security, operational/ organizational security, and basic cryptography
- Gain in-depth understanding of the definitions, background, and applications of various security models
- Understand the many types of security attacks and be able to implement appropriate countermeasures
- Use cryptography, understand related algorithms, and manage security certificates
- Recognize the vulnerability of specific devices and how to protect them from attack
- Identify intrusion and security breaches
- Enhance your professional standing by achieving Security+ certification
The CD-ROM includes:
- All the questions and answers from the book
- Wileys test engine powered by Boson Software