- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Self-Organizing Maps Paperback – Dec 28 2000
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Rarely do books come along with an information density and value of content far above average. We now have another book in this category...a marvelous tool for finding just about any information that exists regarding self-organising maps. Rarely has any subject been provided with such an index of knowledge...Kohonen has created a masterpiece. I unhesitatingly recommend it." IEEE --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
From the Back Cover
The Self-Organizing Map (SOM), with its variants, is the most popular artificial neural network algorithm in the unsupervised learning category. About 4000 research articles on it have appeared in the open literature, and many industrial projects use the SOM as a tool for solving hard real-world problems. Many fields of science have adopted the SOM as a standard analytical tool: in statistics, signal processing, control theory, financial analyses, experimental physics, chemistry and medicine. The SOM solves difficult high-dimensional and nonlinear problems such as feature extraction and classification of images and acoustic patterns, adaptive control of robots, and equalization, demodulation, and error-tolerant transmission of signals in telecommunications. A new area is organization of very large document collections. Last but not least, it may be mentioned that the SOM is one of the most realistic models of the biological brain function. This new edition includes a survey of over 2000 contemporary studies to cover the newest results; case examples were provided with detailed formulae, illustrations, and tables; a new chapter on Software Tools for SOM was written, other chapters were extended or reorganized.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence > Artificial Life
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence > Neural Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence > Theory of Computing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms > Fuzzy Logic
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biophysics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Molecular Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Biochemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Biophysics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics