Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ CDN$ 13.08 shipping
Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones
|List Price:||CDN$ 649.95|
|Price:||CDN$ 529.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 120.95 (19%)|
- Specially designed acoustic silk ensures precision damping over the entire frequency range and helps to reduce THD to an incredible 0.05%
- Improved frequency response of 10 - 39,500 Hz (-10 dB) for rich sound
- Hand-selected matched driver elements
- High-power neodymium magnets deliver maximum efficiency
- Lightweight aluminum voice coils for very fast transient response
- High power neodymium magnets deliver maximum efficiency
- Improved frequency response is 10 - 39,500 Hz (-10 dB)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
In the HD 650, audiophiles will experience truly unique natural sound. With sound this good, long concerts in the comfort of your home are a certainty, so the HD 650 also sets standards in comfort and convenience. The HD 650 is a genuine masterpiece, which will satisfy even the most demanding listener.
From the Manufacturer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I use these headphones to listen to music on the PC, so my recommendations are based on this. You need an adequate powered source to get the full benefit of the sound quality on these cans. I suggest at a minimum that you have a dedicated sound card with the ability to power 150+ohms, such as the Asus Xonar Essence STX. You can use an iPod or iPhone, but you would be doing an injustice if you didn't properly power these with an amp (i.e. Fiio E17). The other option is an external DAC/AMP combo such as the Asus Xonar Essence One. These are obviously not the only options, and i'm no rep for Asus, but they are very good PC options for quality sound output from your PC without breaking the bank.
The quality of the pads on the ears are great. They are soft and breathable, and never make my head sweaty. I can wear these for 8+ hours without any fatigue or irritation. The strap holds snugly, and doesn't feel like it is going to fall off if I move my head too quickly. Cable quality is excellent. Gold connectors with a jack adapter is included as well.
When you first hear these powered properly, playing high quality FLAC files, you will be amazed at what you hear. Because they are open over-ear headphones, you get a wide airy soundstage that doesn't feel like the sound is being forced at you.Read more ›
For my use, best value for money to get a great sound. I'm using a Groove DAC from Apogee.
For those with more modest budget and tastes, Sennheiser has a wide selection of dynamic headphones in their catalog. The Sennheiser HD650 was launched in 2003, supposedly as an evolution to the 02 decades old award-winning HD6o0. The HD650 was their flagship dynamic headphones until HD800 was released in 2010. The HD650 has a list price of USD 600 but they can be found for discounted prices that could go south of USD 300.
• Open, circumaural dynamic stereo headphones.
• Systems with narrow tolerances (± 1 dB), hand-picked in pairs.
• Highly optimised magnet systems for minimum harmonic and intermodulation distortion.
• High-quality titanium/silver finish.
• A specially developed damping element, made from fine acoustic metal mesh, ensures a precise damping over the entire diaphragm surface, highly constant in all climates.
• Specially modulated connecting cable (detachable) made from highly conductive OFC copper, with very low handling noise, i.e. low structure-borne sound sensitivity.
• Extremely lightweight aluminium voice coils ensure excellent transient response.
• Gold plated 1/4" jack plug with adaptor lead to 3.5 mm jack plug.
The Sennheiser HD650 headphones come in a metallic grey easy-to-open cardboard box akin to the HD700s black colored box.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
So much has been said about this model of headphone and almost every review is glowing. Yes the HD 650's deserve the accolades. Read morePublished 19 days ago by ANDY
Excellent sound was exactly what I expected would recommended to anyone who likes high end product but not the cost.Published 26 days ago by Francois Ansell
Great headphones, very comfortable and where it counts- sound quality is amazing.Published 29 days ago by Paul Van Damme
Best headphone that I ever owned.
They sounds to my ears better then the BD DT770,880 Premium and the 990 Premium.
Excellent rapport qualité prix. Je les adores. ils sont confortable. reproduisent parfaitement la source même les faiblesses. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love them when I bought them and now they're even cheaper! No reason not to get these.
Great with o2+odac and I've heard great things about schitt. Read more
Compared to my Siberia V2's, there are amazing! Paired them with 300ohm capable sound card in Linux (Xonar STX II) and the sound is incredible. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer