Compare Offers on Amazon
Sesame Street: Let's Make Music
|Price:||CDN$ 12.48 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Elmo's World: Let's Make Music (DVD)
Poor Telly: Just when the internationally acclaimed percussion troupe, Stomp, is on their way to Sesame Street for a jam session, he misplaces his tuba. Luckily, Telly's buddy, Elmo, explains that fancy instruments are not required to create music, and that's an invitation to 40 minutes of delightful noisemaking that reaches far beyond clanging pot lids. Soda bottles become woodwinds, pasta jars rattle like maracas, a plastic garbage can works as a bass drum, and if those items can't be found, feet and hands will do just fine. The half-dozen members of Stomp (themselves looking like Sesame Street alumnae) interact beautifully with the entire gang, whether playing a foot-tapping version of "Follow the Leader" with the kids or tooting a catchy ditty on empty bottles with Muppets and adults. Other familiar elements from the regular daytime Emmy award-winning show--including short educational cartoons, Muppet skits, video shorts of kids teaching kids, and lively dance numbers--make for a thoroughly enriching experience. Heartily recommended for children ages 3 to 7. --Liane Thomas --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Their use of simple, everyday objects as musical instruments was particularly appealing, especially in these days of heavy commercialism. We also enjoyed the dancing and the familiar Sesame Street characters. This video invites participation so there's no need to worry about the "couch potato effect."
"Let's Make Music" is our family favorite!
How I rated this DVD:
* Educational value. Since buying this DVD my daughter has become very interested in making her own music. I have found her stomping, making drums from rubbermade containers, and trying to blow in bottles. She is only 20 months old and I think this is very impressive since we have only had the tape a few weeks.
* Entertaining to child. Keeps her entertained through the whole video.
* Entertaining to adults. I can even watch the tape with her and not become mindlessly numb.
* The DVD starts right at the menu. No annoying commercials to sit through.
* Cost. The video did not break the budget. It was reasonably priced.
One word of advice for those with younger kids. You may need to use your fast-forward button at times as some sections are perhaps too talky but that depends on your kid of course.
Easily one of my daughter's favorite videos too, she will sit through this one time and time again. It is a great video for fans of Sesame Street (of all ages!).
In the usual Sesame Street style, there is a general plot line (Telly loses his Tuba) intertwined with short bits and cartoons all related to making music. The Stomp cast crosses in and out of the plot, making music with brooms, cans, boxes of Tic Tacs, etc. Very creative and very charming.
My 14-month-old loves this video. He's just starting to try to make "music" along with the video, usually using an oatmeal box or pots and pans that I put nearby for him to use.
Great stuff, including the "Pinball" cartoon (counting to 12) that I loved to watch when I was little.
Most recent customer reviews
The music aspect of the video was wonderful and got all 3 of my DC kids up and moving(ages 18 Months, 2 and 3). Read morePublished on June 27 2011 by PATRICIA A WALSH
I must say that this was the first DVD that I ever purchased for my son and he absolutely loves it! Since the age of 18months it has captured his attention with altering sketches... Read morePublished on April 7 2011 by Amazon Customer
This is an excellent DVD!!! My daughter has watched it soooo many times, and I'm still not sick of it. Lots of fun tunes!!!!Published on Aug. 15 2009 by M. Gemmill
This is a really fun DVD. My daughter enjoys it a lot.
The only problem is that Amazon lists these Sesame Street DVDs as from 1969. Read more
We just purchased this DVD for my daughter who is 9 mos old, I happen to think I enjoy it more than even she does! Read morePublished on Jan. 19 2004 by Dani B.
They've been watching every night as their bedtime winddown for a couple months now (they're 14 month old twins) and still enjoy it. Read morePublished on Oct. 5 2003
My daughter just turned 1 and loves Sesame Street. This particular video is her favorite (and I think mine too. Read morePublished on April 27 2003
Bought this movie for my one year old. I was very disappointed in the human actors that were chosen for this video. Read morePublished on Sept. 13 2002
This is a truly clever, inspiring video! My husband and I both enjoy it, and my 2 1/2 y.o. daughter has watched it countless times in the six months we've had it. ...Published on July 17 2002
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Animation > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Classics > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Classics
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Educational
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Special Interests > Educational
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > TV Series By Letter > S > Sesame Street
- Music > Children's Music > Educational