Otherwise, it's a swell DVD!
In the usual Sesame Street style, there is a general plot line (Telly loses his Tuba) intertwined with short bits and cartoons all related to making music. The Stomp cast crosses in and out of the plot, making music with brooms, cans, boxes of Tic Tacs, etc. Very creative and very charming.
My 14-month-old loves this video. He's just starting to try to make "music" along with the video, usually using an oatmeal box or pots and pans that I put nearby for him to use.
Great stuff, including the "Pinball" cartoon (counting to 12) that I loved to watch when I was little.
How I rated this DVD:
* Educational value. Since buying this DVD my daughter has become very interested in making her own music. I have found her stomping, making drums from rubbermade containers, and trying to blow in bottles. She is only 20 months old and I think this is very impressive since we have only had the tape a few weeks.
* Entertaining to child. Keeps her entertained through the whole video.
* Entertaining to adults. I can even watch the tape with her and not become mindlessly numb.
* The DVD starts right at the menu. No annoying commercials to sit through.
* Cost. The video did not break the budget. It was reasonably priced.