Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Show & Tell Enhanced, Explicit Lyrics, Content/Copy-Protected CD
|1. Ain't Comin Home|
|2. Devil's Daughter|
|4. California Rain|
|5. Blue Jeans|
|6. Mary Jayne|
|8. To See Where I Hide|
|9. You Want It All|
|10. Nothing Stays|
|11. Foxhole J.C.|
'Somewhere Justin Hawkins (The Darkness) wakes up in a cold sweat, he knows Silvertide are coming for him. This ain't rock. It's marble. - NME. Silvertide are sensational, a dirt slew of shotgun blues & hammering riffs that's as much Guns 'N Roses as it is Black Crowes'. - Kerrang.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This CD will go down as one of the greats. Just like, Appetite for Destruction, Back in Black, and Led Zeppelin IV, this CD should be, wait, will be, owned by every rock fan in the world. It's great guitar riffs, amazing vocalist, and rock on attitude will inspire millions.
Every track is great and deserves to be on this CD.
1) AINT COMIN HOME- the perfect opening song to get to know this new band. It starts out with a basic percussion beat, and slowly adds the other instruments plus vocals to create that perfect party on feeling. About 75% done with the song, all the instruments stop and just the vocalist screams out orgasmic noises to bring in the magnificent guitar solo.
2) DEVIL'S DAUGHTER- An interesting guitar solo that quickly grows on you. This song is all bringing up to the choruses as the climax. There is a great little part of the song right before the the chorus that I can't stop singing.
3) SFC (So F*****g Crazy)- This song is simply kick-ass rock and roll. A great beat and nice distortion techniques enable this song to be a great one.
4) CALIFORNIA RAIN- This will be the second single of the album and it is just as good as the others. There is a great guitar lick behind the verses that helps the song rock. Also, the accompanying of other voices behind the main singer's is awesome.
5) BLUE JEANS- The song starts out with a fast worded soft verse that, like the rest of the song, focuses around sex. Then the guitar comes in and blows you away. Another amazing song.
6) MARY JANE- Definitely the hardest song on the album, MARY JANE definitely hits all the spots. The screaming/yelling of the vocalist really portrays his feelings and the back up vocals dont make it any worse. As with every other song, the guitar is unbelievable.
7) HEARTSTRONG- This is the first real slow ballad of off the album and has lots of emotion behind it. It is one of my favorites. You feel like you actually had the experience being sung about.
8) TO SEE WHERE I HIDE- This is my least favorite song on the CD, but it still is great. There is nothing much to say that hasnt been said about the other songs, so I'll leave it at that.
9) YOU WANT IT ALL- More sexual innuendo is featured in this song, and that just adds to the effect. "She wants more and more and more and more," are lyrics frequenting this song.
10) NOTHING STAYS- The second ballad on this album. This is a very relaxing and soothing song. There are also excellent lyrics to accompany the musicianship.
11) FOXHOLE J.C. (Jesus Christ)- This is by far my favorite track on the album. It is very original and has such a good message to it. It starts out with in your face rock and slowly transitions to a slow, piano accompanied, ending. The entire band chants "war, war, what is it for." It is truely inspirational.
If You are still reading, it means you are interested. So what are you doing, go out and buy this fanastic CD!
My fears were put to rest when I picked up 'Show and Tell' today. Every single song is filled with emotion and energy. Their songs are written and performed wonderfully. Each song commands the listener's attention from start to finish.
Quite simply, this is what I believe rock music should sound like. Creed was credited by many as the band that saved rock in the late 90's post industrial rock era. If that is the case, I believe that Silvertide will save rock music from the nu-metal era. Rock fads come and go, but bands like Silvertide will never go out of style.
1. It's Silvertide's first record and some of their songs show it
2. I have other versions of 5 songs on the album, and the album versions sound different, mainly featuring less Nick Perri on lead guitar. This was a little disappointing
Other than that, I highly recommend this album. This is some good ole' bluesy rock that you can't pass up.