Side by Side has helped over 25 million students worldwide persist and succeed as language learners. Now, in this special edition for adult learners in standards-based programs, Side by Side Plus builds students' general language proficiency and prepares them for their life-skill roles in the community, family, school, and at work. Easy-to-use teacher support materials include hundreds of multilevel activities and a wealth of supplemental worksheets, achievement tests, and other resources to assure learner persistence and success.
- Picture dictionary lessons introduce unit vocabulary in a clear, easy-to-use format.
- The program's guided conversation methodology integrates grammar, vocabulary, and topics through real-life communication practice that is student-centered, interactive, and fun.
- Standards-based lessons in each unit develop the competencies included in CASAS, BEST Plus, EFF, SCANS, Model Standards, and other major curriculum frameworks and assessment systems.
- Teamwork, critical thinking, and community tasks promote cooperative learning, problem-solving, and civics connections.
- Diverse reading and writing activities include realia, narrative readings, and journal-writing to develop skills for daily life, self-expression, and academic advancement.
- Built-in assessment in each unit includes a check-up test and vocabulary and skill checklists enabling students to assess their progress.
- Side by Side Gazette magazine sections promote learner persistence through high-interest material that students can use in class or on their own, building a bridge between the classroom and the home.
- A Bonus Gazette Audio CD included with the text offers entertaining radio program-style recordings of Gazette activities.
- An all-in-one teacher support package (available separately) includes a standalone Teacher's Guide with Multilevel Activity & Achievement Test Book and CD-ROM providing multilevel activities and an array of reproducible masters, worksheets, and tests.
- A standalone Activity & Test Prep Workbook offers all-skills practice, GrammarRaps, and unit achievement tests.