| The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack* is the first expansion pack for the The Sims 3. Playable both on PCs and Macs, it focuses on a range of travel opportunities available to your sims, which allow for everything from pleasant family vacations, all the way to an adventure-filled, possibly even dangerous Indiana Jones like adventures. Along the way your sims can accumulate unique skills and abilities, learn about new cultures, enjoy a unique soundtrack of real songs recorded in Simlish and get $10 worth of free SimPoints for use at The Sims 3 Store. Story and Gameplay|
Like every The Sims game, the story behind the World Adventures Expansion is whatever you want to make of it, but in this case within the realm of international travel. And why not, since what sim doesn't need a vacation. Players choose from environments set Egypt, France or China, with the possibility of others via download. Similarly, gameplay follows the same well-worn path familiar to veteranThe Sims players, and easy to pick up for those coming to the franchise for the first time. Players create their sims as they like, customizing everything from physical characteristics, all the way down to personality traits, habits, etc. They can mix with other sims, build relationships, start families and even die. Because this expansion is based around travel, your sims can also discover rich, new cultures, develop brand-new skills and abilities and explore and adventure through realistic environments. New skills related to these destinations include photography, martial arts, and nectar making (a sim beverage) among others. As part of of the exotic locales available, sims can get adventurous and explore the caves and tombs of Egypt and China. Here they will put their new adventure related abilities to work as they participate in Indiana Jones like adventures full of excitement and even danger, including some not-so friendly mummies and the Grim Reaper. Unique Simlish Soundtrack
Just as with travel, every sim has his/her particular musical tastes. With that in mind the World Adventures Expansion Pack features an all-star soundtrack of real songs, recorded by the original artists in the sims native tongue of Simlish. These tracks include:
- Audrye Sessions - "Turn Me Off"
- Broken Hearts Club - "Na NA NA"
- Esmee Denters - "Outta Here"
- Fefe Dobson - "I Want You"
- Friday Night Boys - "Can't Take That Away"
- Nelly Furtado - "Manos al Aire"
- Stefanie Heinzmann - "No One (Can Ever Change My Mind)"
- Pixie Lott - "Mama Do"
- Madina Lake - "Lets Get Outta Here"
- Manchester Orchestra - "I've Got Friends"
- Matt and Kim- "Daylight"
- Katie Melua - "If the Lights Go Out"
- Metalkpretty - "Wake Up, Wake Up"
- Natalie Portman's Shaved Head - "Me + Yr Daughter"
- Hot Chelle Rae - "Say"
- LeAnn Rimes - "You've Ruined Me"
- Cassie Steele - "Summer Nights"
- Evan Taubenfeld - "Pumpkin Pie"
- Young Punx - "Juice and Sim"
- Accept challenges, find treasures, discover what's lurking in hidden caves and more.
- Explore famous landmarks in China, Egypt, and France.
- Learn new skills like photography and pursue new opportunities.
- Meet new Sims from exotic locations and share their cultures.
- Get $10 worth of free SimPoints for The Sims 3 Store.
- Enjoy a unique all-star soundtrack of songs, especially recorded in Simlish for the expansion.
* Requires a copy The Sims 3, or The Sims 3 Collector's Edition for play.
| || PC ||Mac |
|OS: ||Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 ||Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher |
|Processor: ||2.0 Ghz P4 for XP or 2.4 for Vista or 7 ||Intel Core Duo Processor |
|RAM: ||(XP) 1GB / (Vista/Windows 7) 1.5GB ||2GB or more |
|Disc Drive: ||8x DVD-ROM drive |
|Hard Drive: ||At least 3.5 GB of free space with at least 1GB additional space for custom content and saved games.. |
|Video Card: ||DirectX 9.0c compatible Video Card with 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (GeForce 6100 and 7100 cards not supported) ||ATI x1600 or NVIDIA 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100 (Game will not run on PowerPC (G3, G4, G5) based Mac systems (PowerMac)) |
|Input Device: ||Mouse and keyboard || |