From the Back Cover
This introduction to discrete-event simulation modeling and analysis provides detailed discussions of the statistical aspects of simulation along with the traditional examination of simulation language.
Merging the two most common approaches to the subject, and adding a special emphasis on the art of model building, Simulation Modeling and Arena helps you build a solid foundation in the theoretical aspects of simulations while developing practical expertise in the art of model building. Key features include:
- Learning Objectives for each chaper
- Statistical output analysis integrated with Arena
- Emphasis on activity based learning
- Builds on computer programming experience
- Language-independent conceptual modeling process
- Coverage of classic stochastic models from operations research
- Comprehensive examples and exercises
- Arena software bundled with the text with all example files
The engaging style, with its emphasis on hands-on learning, will ensure that you retain the information and reinforce your ability to put the concepts into practice.
About the Author
Manuel D. Rossetti
is an Associate Professor in the Industrial Engineering Department at the University of Arkansas
. Dr. Rossetti has published over 70 journal and conference articles, was selected as a Lilly Teaching Fellow, and has been nominated three times for outstanding teaching awards. He has served as a proceedings co-editor in 2004 and 2009 for the Winter Simulation Conference and is an editor for the International Journal of Modeling and Simulation.