From the Back Cover
Study Skills for Science, Engineering & Technology Students
Pat Maier, Anna Barney and Geraldine Price
An accessible, student-friendly handbook that covers all of the essential study skills that will ensure that you get the most out of your Science, Engineering or Technology course .
Study Skills for Science, Engineering & Technology Students has been developed specifically to provide tried and tested advice and guidance on the most important academic and study skills that you will require throughout your time at university and beyond. Presented in a practical and easy-to-use style, it demonstrates the immediate benefits to be gained by developing and improving these skills during each stage of your course and covers:
- Effectively managing your time
- Getting the most out of lectures and tutorials
- Improving your revision skills and exam performance
- Developing structured problem-solving skills and techniques
- Mastering critical thinking, argument and analysis
- Developing successful reading and note-taking strategies
- Essay and research report planning and technical writing techniques
- Working in groups and effective presentation of assignments and projects
- Solving mathematical problems
- Working in the laboratory
All of these skills, which are as essential in the workplace as they are on an academic course, are covered in detail, giving you invaluable practical advice and guidance on how to increase your performance, grades and abilities. Real-life examples, self-assessment exercises and activities will help you to assess your current skills levels, develop them further and learn how to apply them in work and study.
to access a wealth of useful information, tips, templates and interactive activities to support your studies.